A random plastic fishie tacked on the wall at my husband's officemate's desk. We spent Saturday there working (him: dissertation research, me: article writing and blogging).
Every time I start typing the title to my weekly links post I get freaked out thinking last Friday was just yesterday. Which wouldn't be too far off with my week so far. I woke up Wednesday thinking it was Saturday, spent part of day thinking it was Thursday, and then most of Thursday thought it was still Wednesday (don't worry, I went home, slept, and showered in between).
The California State Fair ends this weekend and I'm sad we haven't gotten a chance to go this year. With the hubs prepping for the job market this fall, and me taking on more responsibility at work (and starting the blog), we've spent most of our weekends this month working. While we're doing that, I hope you enjoy these reads!
- First, a quick shout-out and thank you to Cubicle Chic for the blog love this week. These girls are kindred spirits that enjoy office wear as much as I do. I seriously miss NYC, and now even more so now that I know these gals are gallivanting around town.
- Academichic revisits the color wheel. Get your own printable version here.
- Forever 21's new maternity line: Suze of Miss Vinyl Ahoy and others (including myself) wonder what the big deal is.
- We all know Tiffany of I Am Style-ish has awesome personal style, but check out her gorgeous home decor DIY!
- Juniper James wonders about the motives and credibility of anonymous bloggers.
- Next time I do an office makeover, I'm getting one of these typographically-inspired accessories. Heck, maybe I'll get them all.
- And of course, I wouldn't expect you to enter your weekend without a food-related post. Check out this list of the top cake-frosting combinations. The site says it's for cupcakes, but I don't really make a distinction between cupcake and cake flavors (really, it's just a matter of size, and in this case, size doesn't matter).
What were your favorite reads this week?