Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mixed metallics

Target t-shirt (5) + Limited skirt (19) + Nina pumps(29)

I wore a t-shirt to work today. And mixed my metallics (a little).  But I hope you can get over those two facts when I tell you how comfortable it is.  I mean, helloooo, it's a plain cotton t-shirt and an non-constricting skirt.  Comfort city.

I also went on a limb (relatively) today by mixing my metallics.  The studs on the t-shirt are black and pewter, my necklace chain is silver, one of the rings on my necklace is silver, and all of the rings on my fingers are silver-toned.  A second ring on my necklace is gold-toned and so are my shoes.  I know, it's not really out on a limb, but it's more mixing than I'm used to.  I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

Six days left. But who's counting?

Do you mix metallics in your wardrobe? What are your favorite ways to do so?

9 comments:

  1. I'm also learning to mix metallics! I think that it can look great, and since people aren't used to it, they take notice. It definitely worked for your outfit! Also - I think t-shirts can be fine for work, especially when you're jazzing them up with other office attire. I've got a t-shirt on today!

    - Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mixing metals! Although, I do it on accident sometimes :)

    I have 12 days left! :( How are you so far ahead?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! And I think mixing metallics is perfectly a-okay :)

    xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see those shoes, I want them more. Seriously. SO. CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!

    @Suze - didn't you start late? I've been counting weekends, that might be why...I don't normally include weekend outfits on the blog (and plan on stopping after the challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually sort of mixed metallics today. My cardigan was kind of a sparkly gold, and I wore silver jewelry (if you can count that as mixed metallics).

    Love those shoes! Nina makes the most adorable dressy heels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jeanna - That counts! I also love Nina shoes...I've got like 3 or 4 pairs of them, but these are the only ones I wear on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mixing metallics! Love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks @basiccravings! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.