Tuesday, July 6, 2010

1 of 30: Reasons why

Like many folks, I got today off in honor of the 4th of July holiday.  I spent the day catching up on blogs and reading, making pizza dough for pizza and calzones this week, and general cleaning and putt-putting around the house.

For the past four months, this blog has revealed my weekday wear, from skirts to dresses to suits.  This is intentional because workwear and office life is the focus of this blog, and I don't want to dilute that with too many off-topic posts.

And because I don't want to scare you away with outfits and photos like this:

Here I am in all my weekend/day off glory.  Unshowered, un-made-up.  Flour residue on my shirt (see how I'm hiding it?).  I even had to put shoes on just for this photo (took them right off afterward).  Not an easy confession considering it's nearly 6 p.m.  Oh well.

But, alas, today was the first day of the 30 for 30 challenge so I wanted to start off right with an actual outfit post.  A little anticlimactic, don't you think?

Funny thing is...this outfit was not on my list of 30 planned outfits.  Already deviating from the plans...


Are you doing the 30 for 30 challenge?  What techniques are you using to stay on track?

6 comments:

  1. You still look really cute in your day off wear, simple and casual. Everyone needs a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was barefoot in my pictures today. I think it is expected for a day off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh pizza dough! (yes, so off topic.) i like that outfit, actually. its very nice and appropriate for a casual day off, but nowhere near how casual i get. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I've been away far too long, I have no idea what this 30 for 30 thing is! And I think you look cute so :)P hahaha

    xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pieces in your last post look very versatile, I'm excited to see what you will be doing with the rest of your pieces! (I'm doing 30 for 30 too!)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.