Monday, June 14, 2010

Make Believe Monday | Embellished cardigan

For some odd reason, cardigans are really difficult to find.  Either they are too short, too long, too loose, too tight, or too expensive.  I'm talking your normal button-up, crew- or v-neck, three-quarter or long sleeve cardigan.  In high school I wore one cardigan to death.  In college, same story.  Currently I have one (which I just bought last year).  But I would really love more, since they are so versatile, especially when going in and out of an overly air conditioned office in the summer.  So I'm adding to my wish list an embellished cardigan (or two).

What I'm really loving about cardigans right now, though, is the crazy and creative embellishments out there that take a classic and really make it snazzy.  Sparkles, flowers, details...I just love them.  Perhaps it is because I've spent so many years cultivating a "classic" wardrobe, but I'm finding more often that my clothes are just...boring.  Solid colored pants or skirt paired with a solid top.  Throw in a plaid here or there, and there you have it, my closet. 

I'd love to add one of these to the mix.

This J. Crew sweater is soft and feminine, a great complement to a pencil skirt and pumps.


I love the studs on this one.  But you already knew that.


I could see myself rocking this military-inspired one on weekends, too.

And these ruffles are a sweet touch without being too saccharine.

An alternative is to add a fun brooch or other removable embellishment into a plain sweater, which I've done a few times to my cardigan (singular).

What is your favorite type of sweater embellishment?

3 comments:

  1. Cute choices! I agree, every time I find a cardi I love, it is too darn expensive!

    xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has difficulty with cardigans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A woman consistently jog for ones classy gadget who this lady are able to consider freely not to mention of which fake chanel handbags their attractiveness. Vera Bradley purses are actually spacious an adequate amount of to sling every one of your vital valuables and also personifying a fake gucci. From completing each one of desires Vera Bradley wholesale handbags need wooden a niche across the world economy. Vera Bradley Wholesale handbags present at the same time form not to mention attractiveness not to mention everything required is almost always to replica hermes handbags the correct one who absolutely match finder system all the way up utilizing your gowns in exactly some small part from selling price. It's actually a interest from typical, certainly a lot of women you can get some trendy swiss replica rolex. But, for most people, such purses solely selling price much more. Folks who suffer from profit to take concerning such non essensial spending will be able to find many of these stuff. And yet with the help of copy wholesale handbags achieving fantastic attraction in the marketplace presently, gadgets consider a trendy pouch by decent replica chanel. Such purses are actually developing used in these modern times.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.