Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater

As you might recall, I cheated on my shopping diet a few weeks back.  It was a moment of weakness, and I am firmly back on the wagon.  Only 10 more months to go.

My indiscretion, however, was not in vain.  The suit came in a few Fridays ago, and I wore it to a big meeting I led last Thursday.  The only issue I have with it is how easily wrinkled the fabric gets (even though it is fully lined).  This is after my morning commute.
Suit: Ann Taylor Loft - 2010 - $150; Shirt: The Limited - 2009 - $12; Necklace: completely forgot where I got this;
Tights: my sock drawer (I don't keep track of tights); Shoes: Nine West Outlet - 2007 - $20

I love the blazer, but the skirt is pretty wrinkly from sitting in the car.  Maybe next time I'll bring it on a hanger and change at work?  I don't know.

Some detail shots:


I cannot for the life of me figure out the actual color of the grosgrain ribbon.  I looked at it in all sorts of light at home and came to the conclusion that it was black (hence the black tights and flats).  And then when I took the photos, it was blaringly navy blue.  How dare the afternoon sun in my home office fool me like that!


These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes ever.  They're super-soft suede and bend with my foot so naturally.  I get a spring in my step just wearing these.  The leopard print inside is from a padded insert (I've worn down any padding that came with the shoe).  I bought these in 2007 and the heels are finally starting to wear through. :(  I guess I'm back on the market for black flats.

So while I do love the suit, I really have to figure out how to keep the wrinkles out of it better.  The material is cotton voile, which is pretty thin.

What are you best wrinkle-reducing tips?  Are you a starcher?

3 comments:

  1. i definitely starch. when i iron (which is very rarely cause i take too long trying to do a really good job), i try to make it last! but i read somewhere that you can't starch linen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...this is cotton voile, so maybe it's still safe. I just picked up some starch-y stuff today (it's a non-aerosol spray that says it's okay for the environment, too, so we'll see how well it works)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.