A few notes on my casual wear this weekend:
- It was over 100 degrees each of these days (or very very very close to). I spent a lot of time indoors.
- It's been a while since I wore this ruffled top...back when I started this blog I couldn't get enough of it. I still love it but it's not the "it" garment of the moment anymore. One of my two floral items in my 30 (and in my closet).
- Saturday was actually spent mostly in workout clothes. And yes, I did work out in them. I changed into this at about 4 p.m. to head over to a dinner at 6 p.m. This is another one of my trying-to-look-put-together-even-on-weekends looks. It basically means I take a top typically reserved for work and pair it with shorts and sandals.
- Sunday I was in my pajamas by 2 p.m. I woke up not being able to move after Saturday's yoga. (Note: even if you can do 100 bicycle crunches after months of not exercising, it is not a good idea to do so.)
- I would like to try to wear this maxi dress to work one of these days. I've done it before in the summer, but I've got some new ideas this time...just you wait and see!
- This dress is olive green. The wall is brown. In all other cases you would be able to tell the difference, just not in this photo.
- I am totally regretting only picking one pair of open-toed flat sandals. I did so intentionally to try to wean myself off of a dependence on flip flops (mine are pretty, though), but I really have just made myself angry.
I've also been catching up on blog reading today and noticed that several girls have dropped out of the 30 for 30. Sorry to see you go! I'm feeling hopeful, seeing that I'm almost halfway through, but I have definitely started having my typical I-hate-everything-in-my-closet-and-have-nothing-to-wear mornings. To all the girls still in it -- hang in there! We can do it!
30 for 30 gals, have you made any choices you regret in picking your 30 items? Non-challenge gals, same question just for general shopping/clothing choices.
In other fun blog news, The New Professional is now part of News 10's community blogger network. News 10 is our local ABC affiliate, and they hosted the Social Media Day event I attended a few weeks back. They do a great job working with local bloggers, sharing content and expertise. I really had no expectations for this blog when I started it a few months ago, but am ecstatic that people are actually reading and liking it.