Is it seriously Friday already? Okay, so maybe I thought yesterday was Friday, so I guess it's more like it's finally Friday? I'm confusing myself. This week was a blur...I think I've been staring at the screen too much. The husband has some dissertation deadlines looming, leaving me to ponder the depths of the internet, watch crappy summer television, and catch up on the pile of magazines that have been collecting dust. But the 4th of July is coming up...so excited for the long weekend.
July 4th is my second-favorite holiday. After Easter, before Christmas. I just love love love it. We're hitting up a baseball game tonight (go Rivercats!) and helping do crafts and food at our church's booth at the city's celebration. And, coming from someone who grew up watching Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm fireworks nearly weekly each summer, the City of Davis's 4th of July show is one of my favorites of all time.
But yes, on to the links! Los links!
- Ok, Kendi. You're one of my favorite bloggers, so if you issue a challenge, my answer is yes. Thirty items for thirty days. Starting next week. Get excited, folks, get very excited. And then hop on over to Kendi Everyday and try the challenge out for yourself.
- Local blogger Erin features another local gal who made her own amazing dress over on Bows & Sparrows. I need some sewing lessons (and some skillz).
- Nothing beats a simple dress for getting ready quickly in the morning, and WorkChic picks their favorite office-appropriate Shabby Apple dresses. Only eight months to go before I can buy one.
- Love your pooch? Get one of these to decorate your office space or home. Or you could be like my boss and commission a local artist to do a near-life-size portrait of your dog for your dining room (love you and your dog!). But these are cheaper, I'm sure.
- Do this, not that...we all hear a lot of it from college career counselors and parents. Salary.com dispels some of those in 12 Bad Habits That Can Actually Help Your Career.
- I really love these custom calligraphy stamps. If ever I stay at an address for more than two years (usually it's just one), I'm getting one.
- In addition to fashion blogger challenges, I'm also a major sucker for good food. Well, not even good food. Just food. It's a crutch. This article from Zen Habits really hit home for me and motivates me to stay on track in eating healthier.
What are your July 4th plans? Will you be wearing red, white, and blue?