Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Triple digit

6 + 19 + 27 + Gap belt + Ann Klein watch

According to the local 6 p.m. news, this was the fourth of the past five days that reached 100 degrees or more.  Truth be told, it didn't feel that bad in this outfit.  I didn't even toss on a coverup walking out this morning.

This outfit began as one of those desperate measures.  Last year, I challenged myself to not spend any money on clothes for six months (Jan. 1 - June 30, 2009).  I allowed myself gift cards and Christmas money. Both of these items were purchased using those parameters, the top with a gift card and the skirt with Christmas money. I don't remember what exactly made me try the two together--I usually try to avoid too much black/dark in one outfit--but I did it, loved it, and have continued doing it.

This is the perfect throw on and go outfit, which was perfect this morning when I woke up 30 minutes late.  The loose fit is super-forgiving, and for winter it's easy to add tights, booties, and a cardigan.  It's always good to have outfits like that on hand (and to include them in your limited wardrobe when you sign up for a 30-for-30 challenge).  While I usually wear this without the belt, I really like it with the belt, since I love color.

Speaking of waking up late, I realized this morning that I could wake up 20-30 minutes later than I do and still make it to work on time, if I just rush a little.  Ten minute shower, 5-10 minutes to get dressed, 5 minutes for hair, 5 minutes for makeup.  That's 30 minutes and then out the door.  This new knowledge could be dangerous.

How long does it take for you to get ready in the morning?

13 comments:

  1. I love this outfit. It's so laid back and easy, but chic and professional at the same time. The belt is the perfect pop of color!

    To "get ready" in the morning, it takes me about an hour (shower, dress, make-up). But if you count the fact that I work out in the mornings, plus have to have some kind of breakfast (protein shake) and make my lunch, I wake up 2.5 hours before I have to be out the door. 4:30AM comes WAY too early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be able to get up and go...then I had two kids. Now my routine is even more condensed (think wash and wear from my hair to my pants) but it takes three times as long to get out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute outfit. It usually takes me about twenty minutes to get ready unless my daughter is awake. If she is up it stretches another ten minutes.

    noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! It takes me an hour. However I can do 45 minutes in a crunch, and 30 minutes if I do my makeup in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black looks terrific with certain colors, in my opinion: close neutrals like charcoal grey (your shirt) or brown, or sharp contrast colors like your orange belt. That's why your outfit works so well! (Plus the embellishments on your shirt and belt!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute photo, and I love the shoes! I want a pair like that!

    http://www.stylethroughhereyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i shower at night, so my morning routine is minimal. i usually wake up 30 minutes before go time, and this includes breakfast. it takes less time for me to get ready than it does my boyfriend!

    love the outfit btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is really great! Have I mentioned that I love those shoes? Because I do.

    It takes me about an hour to get ready in the morning--sometimes more, sometimes less. I can get ready faster if I try, but I tend to poke around when I first wake up. And I love a long shower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Jen & Jeanna - Those shoes were my favorite Target find and with some gel insoles they are soooo comfy.

    I grab a yogurt and run out...I eat it at work, and also have oatmeal, cereal, and 100-calorie bars at my desk for the rest of my breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I go to the gym in the morning it takes me 10-15 minutes depending on if i have to pack my lunch. If I am going to the gym after work so I have to actually get ready for work it takes me 30 minutes except I have noticed if I wake up at the same time as my husband then it takes me 45 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Colleen - My husband slows me down, too, probably b/c we only have one tiny little bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like my cat slows me down, too. She wants to be petted and wants attention so I listen to her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to know...I'll keep that in mind before I get a pet :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.