Friday, July 9, 2010

Four the love of Fiveday!





That has got to be without a doubt the weirdest and cheesiest headline I've written (to date).  These are outfits four and five in the 30 for 30.

4/30: I had to lead another meeting this day, and had two interviews to conduct with bigwigs.

5/30: Casual Friday.  Had another interview to do this morning so the blazer came on.

Since I don't have much of a choice in clothing anymore (optimistic, yeah?), my new thing to gripe about is my hair.  I had it cut in January to just above my shoulders, and it's now in this growing out stage.  I love the way the layers are growing out (one of the sure signs of a good haircut), I just have no idea what to do with the bangs part.  When I got it cut, I was in the midst of growing out some thick fringe, so she just shaped them a bit while they continued growing it out.  Now it's shapeless and not completely grown out.  I've never not had some kind of bang (usually sideswept), and was hoping to try it someday, but I'm not sure if I can be patient enough.  Look for lots of bang poufs this summer.

Already regretting the lack of lazy clothes (tanks, tees, jeans) I added into my 30 for 30.  I did it on purpose, to try to force myself to dress a little nicer on weekends (more put together at least), but I'm ending up finding myself in pajamas more, since I don't have random casual clothes to slip into at the end of the day.  Oh well.

Trying to get some good writing done this weekend (blog and work), and then playing photog at an event this Sunday (to go along w/one of the stories I'm writing for work).  What are your weekend plans?

8 comments:

  1. just found your blog - am lovin' your 30 of 30 remix so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put on pjs or yoga gear after work every day anyway.
    I have to say, I really enjoy your blog too. I like it because you work in a professional setting and dress accordingly. I get to see how you style yourself for work and it gives me some ideas about what to do with my work wardrobe to make it a little more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ eek - Thanks!

    @ Ady - Good to know I'm not the only one. Truth is, I rarely venture out after work on a weekday...I'm too pooped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love how you've put these together.
    I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I'm putting together my pieces today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Definitely am a fan of that yellow top, it's a beautiful color on you :)

    xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there! i really like your day 4 look...it's my favorite!

    ~pie (refcake.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks pie (and thanks for the shout-out on your blog, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.