My usual blogging set-up. Netbook + throw pillow (DIY) + thumb drive on a futon.
What a whirlwind week it's been. I hit my stride full pace on Wednesday afternoon and am spending the rest of the week laying low and writing away (for work, not for play, but still having fun). I am excited that I have nothing more than Saturday morning yoga and Sunday morning church planned for this weekend!
On an exciting (link-related) note, check out the interview I did yesterday with New 10 (remember my post on their site last week?). Still feeling a bit giddy.
Here are my favorite reads for this week.
- Some of my favorite DIYs come from Maria. This week she shows us how to make adorable ribbon bracelets...so easy, so chic.
- I'm loving Indiana's convertible dress...those things just look too good to be true! I'm sure if I ever had one I'd get completely tangled up in it.
- Lifehacker shares their Top 10 Tips for Surviving Office Life. Is it really all that bad? Ok, well, there are some good times, too, right?
- As a J-school grad and magazine editor, the move from traditional to online journalism is constantly up for debate. Check out Mashable's latest survey results on how the Internet is affecting journalism. As with any survey, please read and think critically.
- If you read these links weekly or follow my Twitter, you'll see that I love food nearly as much as I love professionalism. I love how Serious Eats brings these together by teaching us how to use office supplies as dinner party decor.
- Speaking of food, one of my favorite candies (and there are many) are the classic See's scotchmallow. Cupcakes Takes the Cake has found them in cupcake form. I'm pretty sure this is what we'll be eating in heaven.
- If you're anything like me, your apartment is filled with Ikea furnitue...Lack side tables and Expedit shelves, not to speak of the ever so useful Kassett boxes. Apartment Therapy readers share tips on how to successfully paint your Ikea furniture.
- If you have ever been in an argument, then you have settled it using rock, paper, scissors. Cool Infographics shows us how to win every time.
What have your favorite reads been this week?