Somehow, after planning out 30 possible outfits for the next 30 days (really, I did), I ended up using only 26 items, and some of those only once. So I threw in a few wild cards for good measure, which will give me a chance to deviate from the plan in case I get restless and bored. I told you I didn't really wear a lot of my clothes.
So here are my items for the next 30 days:
2. Gray 3/4 sleeve button-up - J. Crew - 2009 - $20
3. Yellow short-sleeve ruffled blouse - Ann Taylor Loft - 2008 - $20
4. Studded white blouse - Calvin Klein - 2009 - $30
5. Gray studded tee - Target - 2010 - $7
6. Rhinestone tank - JC Penney - 2009 - $7
7. Sleeveless cowl neck top - Ann Taylor Loft - 2008 - $20
8. Ruffled top - Gottschalks - 2009 - $12
9. Pink flowy top - Banana Republic - 2008 - $20
10. Floral tank - Old Navy - 2008 - gift
12. 3/4 sleeve blazer - Gottschalks - 2009 - $10
13. V-neck cardigan - H&M - 2009 - $30
15. Skinny jeans - J & Company (from Renew Denim) - 2009 - $40
16. Light trousers - Banana Republic Factory Store - 2009 - $20
17. Bootcut jeans - Rockabilly jeans (from Renew Denim) - 2010 - $40
19. Black tulip skirt - The Limited - 2009 - $20
20. Black pencil skirt - Mango - 2007 - $14
21. Shorts: Mossimo (from Target) - 2009 - $16
23. Olive green maxi-dress - The Limited - 2007 - $20
25. Brown peep-toes - Enzo Angiolini (from Nordstrom) - 2007 - $70
26. Black pumps - Calvin Klein (from Off Broadway) - 2007 - $70
27. Black gladiator heels - Mossimo (from Target) - 2010 - $25
28. Nude flats - Merona (from Target) - 2010 - $17
29. Gold heels - Nina (from Ross) - 2009 - $16
30. Black flat sandals - Gap - 2010 - $20
So a few notes about these next 30 days:
- Although I don't usually post my weekend/casual outfits, I will be summarizing them for the challenge, most likely on Mondays.
- Since I often change from work clothes to casual clothes after work, I will either a) begin rewearing the same casual outfits a couple of times a week or b) start living in my pajamas outside of work. (PJs and workout clothes don't count.)
To keep things simple and easy-to-remember (I've been known to forget about a challenge part-way through), I lumped together all my challenge items in one spot in my closet. No reaching outside of this area for the next 30 days. (Pardon the mess--my closet is also our sports/outdoor, hardware, electronics, musical instrument, and linens storage area.)
All my challenge items in the middle, jeans and shorts on the left, shoes below.
Check out and follow Kendi and the other remixers here.