Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My constant

office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional gray ruffle knit dress pearls swapped black pencil skirt franco sarto black boots braided belt
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional gray ruffle knit dress pearls swapped black pencil skirt franco sarto black boots braided belt
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional gray ruffle knit dress pearls swapped black pencil skirt franco sarto black boots braided belt premier designs earrings
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional gray ruffle knit dress pearls swapped black pencil skirt franco sarto black boots braided belt

The Rundown:
3 + 12 + 20 + 27
Vintage braided belt - 2010 - $7 (similar)
Premier Designs faux pearl drop earrings - 2010 - $16 (similar)
Black footless tights (via Target) - 2008 - cheap (two for $8 or something) (similar)

What worked:
This is the fourth outfit I put on this morning. I loved it. Remember this former-dress-now-shirt? It works as a vest, too. And it's got my favorite fallback color combo: black, brown, gray, white. Color can wait for tomorrow when neutrals feel this good.

What didn't:
I would have preferred gray tights with this outfit, but I already had the black tights on (from outfit wannabes 1-3) and didn't want to change them.


My outfit today was constructed completely around the shoes.  You see, I had another event to cover for the magazine and I wasn't sure what the format would be. I did not want a repeat of last time. And these are the only flats in my 30. So boots it was.

How physical is your job? Do you do much walking or other activity, or are you mainly chained to your computer?

18 comments:

  1. i love how you're reworking this dress into a shirt and even a vest! so creative!! and i also love the mix of colors here.

    i wish my job was a bit more physical. i just sit at a computer and type away all day. the most walking i do is to the bathroom. :\

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO resourceful with the skirt/shirt/vest. A true remixer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to plan my outfits around the days required footwear, too. However, I just had a job change and I'll be working from home a lot more. I think that my wardrobe will start to change to more flats/flat boots and jeans, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still loving that dress/tunic/shirt/vest!! I'm usually chained to my desk or just walking a short distance to see my client groups. But on the rare occasion where I am facilitating a big meeting or presenting, I definitely stick to flats and ensure that everything is more than covered! No one wants a costume malfunction in the office!! ;)

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this Sweater Vest {if you will}.....I think its my most favorite Ive seen.... Serious....

    Great outfit! Keep up the GREAT work....

    Only 13 more to go!

    XOXO
    Yours Truly

    read me: www.lahteadah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit, the layering and textures is perfect!

    I walk a lot at work sometimes - I work in HR, so it's pretty typical office-type work, but I work in HR at a 100 acre Zoo, so sometimes I have to walk quite a bit. Luckily I usually know well in advanced and can wear comfy shoes on those days. I have been caught by suprise, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this outfit! So cute while keeping it professional, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous vest! I love this look on you!

    I basically sit all day (except when I travel)...at most, I walk to go sit somewhere else some more. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The texture on that dress/vest is amazing. Wonder if I could make s'thing like that...

    My job is basically sitting in front of a computer. But at least once a week, I have meetings that require me to walk all over campus, which is semi-far. Plus, my cube is on the 2nd floor so I'm walking up & down stairs all day long (the really good coffee is on the 1st floor). It's just enough walking to have trained me to walk well in pretty high heels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those boots, they're fantastic!

    My job is mainly sitting at a computer, but twice a month I'll have to go deliver some paperwork to different board members in preparation for our meetings, sometimes I need to drop things off at accounting, but otherwise I sit. And I like it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look is great! You really got creative with your 30 items here! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want SOooooo many pieces in this outfit. Okay I just want this outfit. Fourth time's the charm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unfortunately, I have a desk job and spend most of my day tethered to it. I work at a university and take every opportunity I can to be away from my desk whether it's just to go to the restroom or pick up lunch at the cafeteria.

    Your boots are awesome by the way. Can't beat a pair of black boots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies. My job is also generally pretty sedentary. But some days I do get to get out a bit (like this day) and other days I run errands after work so end up walking a bit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i can never do ruffles but you do it so well <3 love the earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ woodycakes - you should try it! I do like your style, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you added the belt! Really brings in colour :D

    xx The Little Dust Princess

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ little dust princess - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.