Friday, November 19, 2010

Office to out, casual edition [9 of 30]

office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans gray ruffle dress banana republic blazer franco sarto boots girls night out
office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans gray ruffle dress banana republic blazer franco sarto boots girls night out
office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans gray ruffle dress banana republic blazer franco sarto boots girls night out
office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans gray ruffle dress banana republic blazer franco sarto boots girls night out

The Rundown:
17 + 25 + 27
Gray ruffle dress - 2009 - $63 (replacing item 20) (similar)
Vintage braided belt - 2010 - $7 (similar)

So I tried on about eight different outfits this morning and resorted to switching out my black Target dress for this ruffly gray number.  I haven't worn that one yet, and to be honest, I was iffy about including it in the first place.  It was a pretty quiet day in the office, but I had tix to Girls Night Out at the Citizen Hotel tonight, so I knew I had to look cute to meet up with Ashlee, Kari, and Coco.

Let me tell you a little about this gray dress. It is absolutely fabulous.  It cost more than I would usually pay for a dress. It is the softest sweater knit.  It actually used to be dress length once. It is also machine-washable. And even though I am careful to air dry flat, it has shrunk. But it does make quite the cute tunic, doesn't it? And I have other plans for it in this remix (already faring better than the black Target dress).

This is the casual version of last week's office to out ensemble.  Somehow this blazer keeps working itself in.

What worked:
This outfit was comfortable, modest, and snazzy enough to transition to a night out.  What's not to love? No accessories even needed.

What didn't:
The sweater kept sticking to my jeans--maybe I should wear a slip next time? Might be a little odd over jeans...

How do you compensate or remix clothes that change shape or shrink? What about when they stretch?

14 comments:

  1. it's pretty! and dont' worry, everyone's swapping items at this point so you're not alone.

    i feel you though. sometimes, pricey items are just worth it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute - loving both the office and the out versions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! This is exactly what I think when I'm going from office to a night out... dressy but totally functional.

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would steal this whole outfit right offa you if you were nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. And I think that dress was a great switch up. I can't wait to see what you do with it throughout, such a gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the dress. Where is it from?

    I usually donate clothes that lose their shape (usually they're cheap items anyway), or I'll layer it under something else. I hate it when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a rockin' casual outfit that is appropriate for work. Well done!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, gals.

    @ kimmie - Yeah, that's my usual go-to though. But I just love this dress so much! Luckily since it's only shortened, I still get to keep it as a top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress has some great details (and so does your apartment!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. o, nice! you totally bring rock to the office, i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great wearing more accessories with your looks during the 30 for 30. I know this top is an accessory in itself but I have been admiring the chains and necklaces and other items you have added to other looks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, girl! This is definitely a recent change--I rarely wore jewelry before I started blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.