Monday, December 6, 2010

Behind, and need to unwind

office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional old navy sweater justice for girls scarf swap rockabilly jeans
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional old navy sweater justice for girls scarf swap

The Rundown:
7 + 9 + 15 + 28
Justice for Girls scarf - 2010 - swapped (similar)
Nancy Rosetta circle ring - 2010 - birthday gift (similar)
Dangly earrings (Claire's?) - long ago - cheap (similar)
Gray nails: self-mixed Wet n' Wild black and white
Flirt! Chickstick in Miss Temptress

I feel so totally behind, and this twice-a-day posting schedule is a little manic. Pardon any odd scheduling as I figure something out for the next two weeks until I finish this challenge and get back to my normal blogging schedule. I know I talked about this on Friday, but I didn't come up with any new ideas this weekend so it's still on my mind.

Lip color experiment day three--this is my real go-to neutral (even though the last color looked neutral on camera).  I'm a fan of Flirt! cosmetics (available at Kohl's) because it's a cheaper version of MAC. Same colors, similar packaging--same company. No joke. They're both Estee Lauder brands. As are Clinique and its Kohl's twin, American Beauty.  When they first came out, my roommate at the time worked at the Clinique counter at a local Macy's, and we went to check it out. Even the color palettes were the same--she was pointing at each and telling us the Clinique name for the same combo. Not sure if the products are as aligned now as they were before (I've since converted to drugstore makeup), but they are all still Estee Lauder.

What worked:
I loved the pink and green and the mix of stripes and houndstooth. A great fun Casual Friday outfit. Dangly earrings are also out of my normal comfort zone, but I like them with my new short ponytail and with a scarf (even though the earrings got in the way a lot).

What didn't:
Nothing in particular, except these booties make my toes numb after a while. I added the ball-of-foot pads and they don't seem to be helping much. I guess it's time to save these for no-standing situations or consider passing them along to another owner.

How many posts per week do you prefer to see on blogs? How many is too many?

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip about Flirt/Mac - I love Mac 'cept for the price ;-)

    How many posts - one a day seems right to me. More is ok, but not necessary. 3x per week minimum for it to feel like a proper blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pattern mixing in this outfit! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern mixing here! It's one of my favorite things to do. As for blogging I find posting one a day about right. I get overwhelmed if you're a regular blog I read and you post 3 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mix of the patterns, and the mix of the colors! This is a great look! Also love that you created your own nail color. Tee hee!

    I've been trying to post twice daily, too, and it is so hard! ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I love the fun patterned scarf. And pretty camera too!!! Yay for Nikon's I have one too:)
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I like daily posts. :)

    Also, love the stripes! I have such a soft spot for stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, posting twice a day sounds so hectic! I prefer once a day posting and reading. That way, it's easier to keep track of a blog and how it changes. If a person posts less than twice a week, it makes it really hard for me to keep coming back since it's sporadic and I don't really get a good sense of what the blog is about.

    As for your outfit, I love the mix of patterns. It's great that your venturing out to different lip colors and I'm trying to do the same as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mixing of patterns here!

    I can related on the manic blog posting...with this 30-for-30 thing I have this compulsive need to post all the time...will be glad when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies...I don't have a lot of patterns, but I'm liking this mixing thing!

    There's only two workweeks left of the challenge...I've been trying to do daily outfit posts on top of my normal, which is crazy. I may just put normal on hold until this is over. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. double posting has got to be harder than mixing patterns! how about splitting posts into two?

    great insider tip on estee lauder brands. i am a longtime MAC user and would love a lower price point. merci as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I struggle with how often to post too, and how to find the time. Reading the comments to your post has been enlightening! I'm going to shoot for 3-5 times a week.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ anniemal - maybe...although my problem seems to be more that I have too many ideas to get out in too short a time!

    @ emma - I always like learning from my readers. I think I need to cut back a little.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a tank top green and white striped. Your shirt reminded me of it.
    I like your scarf.

    If the blog is good I can go for multiple posts a day. I think 1 a day is good. 5 a week is OK (skipping weekends is what people do). I kind of don't keep up on the blogs that post once or twice a week.

    I think I post too often. I think my posts are too long. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ colleen - yeah, I skip weekends. I feel bad going a day without posting!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.