Friday, December 10, 2010

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend | 12.10.10

Candles! The first thing I do when I get home for work is light up some of these babies.

Holy moly, guys. It's Friday! Today is super busy--deadlines at work and our annual office holiday lunch and gift exchange--so I'll just let you enjoy some links.

Style and fashion
  • We all know someone who isn't as secure about their body image as they should be (I have some wonderfully beautiful friends who have not yet learned to appreciate their own beauty).  Here are some tips to be a body image role model for others (check the comments, too!). [Already Pretty]
  • Check out this hilarious animated video from one of my fave new remixers. [Hudson's Happenings]
  • I'll be the first to admit I get way more catalogs than I need, especially since I am not shopping. Here are some tips on tearing yourself away from the lure of catalogs. [Already Pretty]

Career and office
  • Love office supplies? Check out these ornaments, hacked from or inspired by your faves. [Shoplet]
  • For the first two years at my job, I took the bus, which in the winter meant walking several blocks in the dark by myself. My boss was always worried, but I had a few tricks up my sleeve for safety (a hugely heavy purse and the pointy-keys-through-the-fingers fallback).  Here are some more tips to keep yourself safe, even if you're a car commuter (like I am now). [Classy Career Girl]
  • I love walking the aisles of Sephora trying on perfumes, but I never wear them into the office. How about you? [Corporette]
  • Negotiating is always a touchy subject...these tips help you be prepared for the process and get your way (or something close to it). [Classy Career Girl]

After hours
  • It's been a while since my wannabe design-nerd side has come out, but it's out in full force this week!  Pantone announced its color of the year and a forecast for what's to come in 2011. [Simply Stated by Real Simple]
  • Bloggers--stay engaged with your readers to keep them coming back. I love this post, but you should also click through to the other FBFF gals, who have some great ideas and tips. [Grit and Glamour and Modly Chic]
Sacramento
  • If you haven't stopped by the new Citizens of Rosebud found treasures shop, make sure to do so next weekend when they're open! I've been dying to stop by.
  • Enter my giveaway to win a $15 gc to Heart Clothing Boutique, or stop by the shop and mention "new professional" for a 15% discount. Giveaway ends Wednesday.
What good reads did you find this week?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for including me in this outstanding list, Angeline!

    Happy weekend!

    ♥ V
    http://www.gritandglamour.com
    twitter: @gritandglamour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second V's comments. I'm flattered you included this week's FBFF questions in your link list. Hope you had fun at the office party. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you for the shout-outs, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ V, Katy, Sal - My pleasure, my dears! Always glad to get the word out about some of my fave bloggers.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.