Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Holidays (and seven more things)

The Evans's 2010 DIY Christmas Card

Well, folks, it's that time of year again. Time for family, friends, and food. So I wish you a Merry Christmas! I'll be taking a short break until the new year, but will have some oldies but goodies scheduled in the meantime for those of you that may be newer.

Before I leave, Jess over at Stylepint tagged me to share seven things about myself. So here goes.
  1. I've never played on a sports team. My parents put me in dance, swim, gymnastics, tennis--lots of individual sports--but were afraid that I'd get hurt playing team sports since I was sort of a small child.
  2. I am the oldest of two children. I have a younger brother who lives in Houston. I've tried time and again to get him on this blog as a male style contributor (we do have the same DNA, you know).  Holla in the comments if you want some male style on here, too.
  3. I prefer reading nonfiction to fiction. I like both, though I suck at finding/making time to read anything but blogs and magazines these days.
  4. I teach preschool Sunday School at my church. Those 3-5 year olds are just so darned cute, and can be pretty smart, too. We talked about Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden one morning and one child spoke up with, "We compost in our garden!" He's two-and-a-half.  Only in Davis.
  5. I love wedding shows on TV.  Especially "Say Yes to the Dress." I'm never planning on getting married again (this one's a keeper), but I just love pretty dresses.
  6. In college, one of my favorite things to do was bring my textbooks to the beach and study while tanning. One of the perks of going to school near the coast!
  7. I love to travel. This year, I've been to eight states (NV, NM, MD, DC, VA, FL, WI, IL) and one other country (Taiwan).  Hoping to take a cross country road trip one of these days to catch some of the states I've never been to.
I'm passing this on to Jill and Meredith at the Ladyboard, Colleen from Scrap and Run, Virginie from Virginie's Cinema, Eek, Anne at the Medical School Life & Wife, and Kinsey from In Kinsey's Closet.  Feel free to post some secrets/facts about you after the holidays!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Eeee- yay!! I love tags!!! Also? I'm obsessed with wedding shows! Its unhealthy. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love your seven things! I also love to travel...someday, I'll see the world! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Male style would be interesting. Especially if its from your brother.
    I love Say Yes to the Dress. And I'm already married too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Citizen Rosebud - back at ya, babe!

    @ jill - seriously. everything is just so...pretty!

    @ stylepint - I haven't seen much of the world yet, but Europe is high on my list of places to go next!

    @ janeen - that is one of my faves! I think my bro is down for a few posts (not regular, though)...should get on that.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.