Tuesday, December 21, 2010

30 for 30 | Twice as nice [summary]


Most worn items
Brown boots: 11 wears
Skinny jeans: 9 wears
Red pumps: 8 wears
V-neck cardigan: 6 wears
Black blazer: 6 wears

Most worn tops
Blue & white striped button-up: 4 wears
Cream t-shirt: 4 wears
Brown sweater: 4 wears

Most worn bottoms
Skinny jeans: 9 wears
Black textured pencil skirt: 5 wears
Boot leg jeans: 4 wears

Most worn dress
Gray ruffle dress: 3 wears

Least worn items
Turtleneck vest: 1 wear
Gray shift dress: 1 wear

Swaps
Gray ruffle dress (replaced black A-line dress)
Gold bow pumps (replaced green button-up shirt)

Observations
  • Aside from my two least-worn items above, everything else was worn at least twice.  
  • The turtleneck vest/sweater is now in my giveaway pile. It's too short.
  • Skinny jeans are super-versatile. 
  • Sleeveless shift dresses really are more of a spring/summer item. So are nude pumps.
  • Seriously considering doing away with these black booties, too.  Despite all my efforts, they are not comfortable at all.  Since they were a hand-me-down, I'll be passing them down again. I do sort of like the style, so I may look for a comfortable pair to replace them.
  • I picked a crap-load of tops. Most of them only got worn 2-3 times.
  • Flat boots are a major closet workhorse for both casual and office wear. If you don't have some, get some.
Favorite outfits: 6, 17, 19, 27

What were your faves?

10 comments:

  1. My favorite is Day 21... but them I am a pencil/white shirt kind of girl. For a weekend look, My fav is Day 13.... again - a white top and jeans.... for the weekend...to be fair, though - ALL OF THEM ARE LOVELY! Thanks for sharing this journey. I think I will do something like this in Jan/Feb... still thinking about it.... it is very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the push to get some flat boots - I need some.

    Great outfits - love all of them!

    Sarah at Classroom Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I really like 1, 6, 24, and 30!

    Congrats on making it to the end with your style still intact. You did GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great outfits!! My faves- 1, 24, 28. And the bookshelves make me unnaturally happy- swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, friends!

    @ sherry - I'm sure Kendi will have another challenge--do join in!

    @ sarah - flat boots are awesome. They have filled a serious hole that I didn't know I had.

    @ monkeyface - thanks, lady! So glad I found your blog--your style is awesome.

    @ jill - Thanks! I looooove my bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you did this so I could find and follow your blog! You have wonderful, classic style, and I love that you always do a rundown on what worked and what different. What a great learning tool.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved 3, 6, and 29 (Iknow, you said one, but I couldn't choose!) All very classic and clean looks, but I think overall you did a fantastic job, I look to your blog for good examples, since I never know what to wear for work, so this was especially helpful :)

    Ripped Nylon

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Linda - me too! And I'm so glad I found you. You are so sweet.

    @ Miss ED - yeah, I always cheat and pick more than one fave, too. :P Glad I can be of help!

    @ from suns to moons - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appear in for that preserve community for you personally with all your pleasing folks will let you entire your own home finance loan developing a few momemts. They’ll look at your automobile, together with describe your own home finance loan records for you personally. It cash advance chicago s probably those to may possibly will probably cure your own home finance loan together with current an individual your dollars satisfactory next as well as presently there.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.