Monday, October 4, 2010

Make Believe Monday | A look back

One of the first features on this blog was Make Believe Monday, my online wish list.  It's been over six months since that fateful first Sunday when I needed something to blog about, which pencils to 24 items so far.  While a lot of the items are off limits, other are fair game (and I have been known to cheat once or twice).  Here is an update on the items I have since acquired, and how those are working out.

Wish List Item #6: Not So Boring Skirt Suit
My first cheat. Aside from the wrinkles, it's been working out okay, and I like to wear the pieces as separates.

Wish List Item #7: Wood-stacked heels
While I couldn't find the black upper on natural wood heel look I initially wanted, I really like how these have worked out.

Wish List Item #8: Printed pencil skirt
No, I didn't cheat on this one. I DIY-ed. Stay tuned for details this week.

Wish List Item #16: Laptop bag
While I didn't get any of those I featured, I did get a new backpack with a padded laptop compartment (I needed a new backpack anyway).  I also recently got One-Yard Wonders (initially featured on Adored Austin), which has a tutorial for a DIY laptop sleeve.  These two solutions have filled the need so far, although I'm still on the lookout for a more professional looking travel bag option.

Wish List Item #21: Statement Necklace
Check!  Got this beaut at BR on sale for $12.

Wish List Item #22: Personal Planner/Organizer
Ordered the Moleskine that week and I've been loving it since.  Appointments on the left, to-do list on the right, and it's perfect for most purse sizes (seriously, it's much smaller than I expected, but in a good way).

Wish List Item #24: Double-finger ring
Some dear friends gave me one for my birthday!  I wore it to work twice last week, and I'm loving it.  Look for it on the blog this week.

What was your favorite Make Believe Monday? What is on your wish list?

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your DIY'd skirt!! I'm on the lookout for the perfect pair of boots this fall!


    Lindsey Soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the DIY!

    ~L~
    www.AvidAccents.blogspot.com
    link up your outfit posts today for a chance to win a month long feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, speaking of laptop stuff, i made this a few weeks ago: http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/01/diy-wednesdays-january-30th.html

    but with grey and magenta felt...it turned out interestingly. Apparently I lack the skills necessary to cut straight lines in fabric :D. Other than that, I thought it was a super cute idea. I'm sure yours will turn out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. for a while now (over a year for the watch, even longer for the bag) i've been looking for the perfect white leather purse, and white watch. i also want clear ray-ban style sun glasses. :) i wonder if we'll ever be fully sated?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @lindsey & L - I'm excited, too--it's my first major clothing one!

    @ t - that is cool! I think we're going the more traditional sleeve route, though, so it's easy to access from our backpacks (we both have padded laptop compartments, but the new laptop is smaller and we want a little more protection.

    @ step - that's tough...I've had bad luck with white purses grabbing color off my clothes. :( A white watch sounds cool! I think while we can always think of things we want, we can definitely find ways to be happy with what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see your DIY! My wishlist tends to change as time goes on, but right now, I'm itching for an animal print belt and some awesome grey booties. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love those black heels!

    http://www.stylethroughhereyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, gals!

    @stylepint - gray booties sound adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, i didn't even realize that would be a problem (color transfers from clothing onto the purse)! hopefully a leather purse won't have the same problem...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @neurp - Yeah, hopefully not. My white purse was PVC.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.