Monday, September 13, 2010

Make Believe Monday | Double finger rings

I'm not much of a jewelry gal but when I do wear jewelry, it's often in a ring. I love my giant black cocktail ring and fun flowered ring, but what I'm really hankering for is a bada$$ double finger ring to really make a statement.

While double finger rings can be a bit much, a basic one in a classic metal can be appropriate, especially if your workplace is a little more casual or creative.  Some things to avoid: crazy shapes or sayings, wild colors, and too much bling (a small stone or two is okay but not too many or too large of stones).  Also, since most office work these days is done on computers, try the ring on before you buy to make sure it doesn't get in your way (or just take it off when typing).

You can't go wrong with this simple stunner.

This studded number is just gorgeous, and the basic bar shape keeps it classy.  Great for meetings to let folks know they shouldn't be messing with you.

I love the feminine and organic shape of leaves, especially in jewelry.  They're not too flashy, especially when done in a basic silver tone.

I'm liking the Modcloth studded ring (surprise, surprise), and my birthday's coming up...hmmmmmm could be a perfect situation.

What's your take on the double-finger ring: okay for the office or no?

8 comments:

  1. i LOVE the double rings.

    i think they are okay for the office setting, as long as they dont have crazy spikes or anything :D

    very stylish.


    <3 dennica pearl
    - through the eyes of a pearl
    - vintage shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love them (hello, 5$ f21 rings!), but I think it could be a tad too much for the office. Of course, it depends what the environment is like, but in my humble opinion, it should be reserved for weekend wear!

    xo
    Sands

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't like them at first, but they are growing on me. this is especially true after step bought a bird one from forever and let me wear it around chipotle, lol! it was quite fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like some of them (especially that leaf one), but I couldn't get away with it at my office, and I definitely couldn't do the studded one! They'll have to remain weekend piece for me. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them a lot but haven't purchased one yet. I also worry about feeling constricted with my hands, it seems like that'd happen but I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! Seems like this trend should be brought out sparingly, if at all, in office settings. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they're really neat, provided they don't get too blingy and "HEY LOOK IT'S LIKE BABY BRASS KNUCKLES". There's one with a seagull on I really wanted from F21 (I think it's the one T mentioned above), but we all know how long merchandise hangs around there. *sigh*

    nat // juxta-posing.tumblr.com
    (P.S. Might you be interested in an earrings giveaway? I've got one going on at the blog, and I assure you they are very, very office-appropriate. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ nat - Seriously, f21 is so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.