Monday, April 19, 2010

Make Believe Monday | The not-so-boring skirt suit

I've been on the Great American Apparel Diet for a little over a month and a half now, and this is the first time I've seriously consideredcheating.  I'll show you the little temptress later on in the post, but the title sort of gives it away.  The next item on my wish list is a fun skirt suit.  I know.  Suit and fun in the same sentence?  Of course!   I love the look of a good suit, and I did recently make an investment in a good classic black suit (with matching pencil skirt and all), but these fun numbers really make my closest feel empty in the skirt suit department.

There are several ways that suits can depart from the classic hip-length blazer and pencil skirt formula:
  • Cut: Three-quarter length sleeves, fun collars, or skirt shape.
  • Embellishments: Beading, embroidery, and button details keep the eye interested.
  • Fabric: A sweet seersucker make a suit perfectly light for summer.  A fun print can brighten your day.

Here are some of my picks.  This first one keeps it modern with bracelet-length sleeves and a ruched collar.  The three buttons that go up pretty high keep it modest, but not boring.

Add a flounce to your skirt with some kicky pleats.   This makes the skirt a little easier to move in as well.

And for the finale, this fun suit from Loft.  I love the ribbon detail on the blazer and the shape of the skirt.  I'm leaving these photos nice and big for your viewing pleasure.



Every diet needs a little wiggle room--the baby is slated to arrive in about two weeks.  While I try not to make excuses to purchase (in general, but especially on this diet), I think this is a purchase I can justifiably make.  I'm starting to move on up in my workplace and this suit will be perfect for summer meetings (it averages in the triple digits here in the summer months and my black wool skirt suit just isn't going to cut it).  And I am pretty sure that by next March the style will be completely discontinued and I'll spend the next decade or so kicking myself (yes, I remember things for a looooong time).  Think what you will--I'm hopping right back on the wagon now that the credit card is safely back in my wallet.

What's your favorite play on the classic skirt suit?

1 comment:

  1. Once the students have completed some of their course they may want to prada replica out of student hotels. They will have either many places to stay and if they need help each university will have a accommodation office where they can ask questions. A cubicle can also provide information regarding private house as well. A list of landlords that deal with students is a useful list to have. In the places where big university's are the student chanel replica bags is varied and the choice very wide. When someone decides to go away to study they should look into where they want to live as this is one of the most important parts of their lives. If they are happy where they are staying then it will improve their very existence. It is therefore a good idea to plan ahead before the people arrive. This way it will are more enjoyable. Many transsexual fake watches employees nowadays are growing their income possible operating as web cam entertainers. Web cam entertainers (also known as "internet models" or "webcam models") execute live from property through higher-speed Internet and a cheap fake hublot watches for sale. Numerous transsexual sex employees perform as web cam entertainers to fill the holes in their time and earnings when they have final-minute cancellations. Many individuals uncover it to be a fun, rewarding and minimal-anxiety profession that they can do anytime they want to 24 hours a day, 7 days a month. Not numerous positions supply that fake watches of large cash flow potential and versatility.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.