The Rundown:
Mossimo tee (from Target) - 2009 - gift from mom (similar)
Old Navy pants - 2008 - $20 (similar)
Banana Republic necklace - 2010 - $12 on clearance (similarish)
Enzo Angiolini shoes (from Nordstrom) - 2007 - $70 (similar)
What worked:
I love how the necklace made the tee more than just a tee--most of my coworkers thought it was part of the top until I started playing with it. I'd been pining after a statement necklace for a while, so when I saw this on clearance (marked down from $59.99) I knew I had to have it. It has the perfect laid back feel to add something special to a basic outfit but also has chains and a subtle sparkle that I love. Confession: I wore the same tee + necklace combo, but with jeans and sandals, all day Sunday.
What didn't:
I loved this outfit when I was wearing it yesterday, but looking back, it looks a little bland. Next time I think I'll try some pin-striped pants and a ponytail to really show off the necklace (you can sort of see the multi-color chains in the close-up picture, but those are quite pretty, too).
Do you like outfits that are basic in color or shape? Where do you turn first to spice up a basic outfit?


My go to accessory is always a belt. Usually a cardigan and belt.
ReplyDeleteI really love that necklace! I'd wear it the same way if I had more statement necklaces. I only have one right now.
I love the detail in this top!
ReplyDelete@ melissa - I LOVE your belts. I need to bulk up my supply.
ReplyDelete@ natalie - Thanks! It's actually all necklace--the top is a plain t :)
I would totally wear this to my office and fabulous necklace!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com
شركة سمر جدة
ReplyDeleteشركة سمر جدة
شركة سمر جدة
شركة سمر جدة
شركة سمر جدة
شركة سمر جدة
شركة سمر جدة
شركة سمر جدة
شركة سمر جدة
شركة سمر جدة