Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Last long-haired look

office fashion blogger old navy pants swap top pink brown gray cardigan
office fashion blogger old navy pants swap top pink brown gray cardigan
office fashion blogger old navy pants swap top pink gray brown cardigan
office fashion blogger urban outfitters double finger ring sally hansen touch of mink nail polish
office fashion blogger brown enzo angiolini peep toe maylie pumps heels shoes
If you ever wonder what I studied in grad school, just look at my bookshelf.  This is my stack of schoolbooks...the rest of our bookshelf is mostly K's school books and leisure reads for me a.k.a. lots of nerdy books.

The Rundown:
H&M cardigan - 2009 - $30 (similar)
Target top - 2010 - swap (similar)
Old Navy trousers - 2006 - $6 (similar)
Enzo Angiolini peep-toes - 2007 - $70 (similar)
Urban Outfitters double-finger ring - 2010 - gift (here)
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Touch of Mink (bought at Ulta; can't find online)

What worked:
I loved the colors of this outfit.  I'm not typically a toned-down, pastel kind of gal, but I just loved this floaty top I got at the swap I went to recently (I actually almost purchased it when it was in the store in the first place).  This outfit is pretty basic, but I did like the softness of the fabrics and colors.  This is the softer side of me (had to throw in some dark nails and a badass ring to balance it out)

What didn't:
The cardigan when unbuttoned was a little shapeless, but it wasn't on all day (I had to conduct a training session and when I get nervous I get warm).   I think next time I'll try a structured blazer with this top+pants combo.

Do you tend toward pastels and soft colors or bold brights?

11 comments:

  1. love this outfit and how you worked in a little fun with the ring! that nail color is nice too.

    ~L~
    Avid Accents: A Frugal Fashion Destination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Target shirt! I must have missed it when it was in the store :P

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top you're wearing, and the heels are also super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the grey palette, but I also really love the axis and allies in the background! I haven't played that since my big brother was still in high school so probably about 10 years ago... Wow, but those were good times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic look here. I really love the top. I never see stuff this cute at Target!

    As for colors, I am partial to bold and bright myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great top and I love the color palette. All summer I found myself drawn to similar tones, mostly grays and other soft colors. And I love the shoe in front of the books! Fashionable intellectual :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    I think the shirt was from maybe a year ago or more...but I did recognize it when I saw it at the swap!

    @ beth ellen - We actually haven't played that yet! It was given to us by a friend when they moved to Germany earlier this year b/c they know we love board games.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from the Forbes list of best fashion blogs. Congrats!! I really love the shirt and pants! I am also a career girl blogging about work and life. Can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for coming on over! Checked out your blog and I really like it! So glad others are out there sharing their advice--I could really use it sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved On Writing Well and keep telling myself to re-read it soon. With all this non-creative corporate work I've been doing, sometimes my brain feels like it's rotting! (Terrible, right?)

    xo
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ lindsay - I feel ya...that's partially why I started blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.