Saturday, November 13, 2010

Friday full of fun (sort of)

office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans target blazer swapped clothing swap pearls rockabilly jeans red pumps
office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans target blazer swapped clothing swap pearls etsy ring

The Rundown:
5 + 15 + 23 + 29
Pearl necklace - 2007 - wedding gift (similar)
Black necklace - 2010 - swapped (similar)
Nancy Rosetta circle ring - 2010 - birthday present (similar)

What worked:
After Thursday's holiday, I was reluctant to believe that Friday was a work day. Or that Friday was Friday, to be exact (it felt more like a Tuesday or  Thursday).  I had to lead an important (to me) meeting, which I spent most of the morning preparing for and most of the afternoon recovering from.  Since the meeting also included some folks from outside our organization, I was unsure of how formal or informal it would be, so tempered the jeans (which aren't as dark wash as I'd like them to be) with a nice tweed blazer and more formal jewelry (put together in a fun combo).  I snatched up the jacket from the latest swap I went to, but it's Merona brand from Target. The jacket was a hit at work, and the meeting went pretty well, although our brainstorm was going so well it was hard to stop it at just two hours. Better than it being a drag!

What didn't:
Not sure about the green jacket, red shoes combination.  This happens to me a lot, since green and red are my favorite colors. But whatever.  I think next time I'll try this blazer with a skirt or trouser jeans instead of these boot cut ones.

After work I went to my friend Ashlee's house for a fun girls dinner, after which we hit up Target to get some goodies to put in our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.  I've done Christmas shoeboxes many times, mostly back in high school and college, and was so happy when Ashlee decided to bring it up last year. We ran out of time to wrap our boxes this time (lid separately from bottom of course), but we did get lots of goodies for the kids. If you haven't done one yet this year, there is still time (collection week is November 15-22)...check out the Operation Christmas Child website for more info and a list of drop off locations.

Here is what I packed for a 5-9 year old boy:



What are your favorite holiday traditions?

8 comments:

  1. How nice of you to make a Christmas box! I love to do stuff like that, too. We usually get a Salvation Army Angel, but this year I'm volunteering for Toys for Tots & I'm soo excited! ;)

    I love love love that green jacket. So much. You look super cute! AND your pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I love that jacket. It is a blazer that could make some people look older, but you make it so young and vibrant! And I love how you paired styled it - simple shirt, jeans, and nice, classy jewelry.

    Also - love the placement of the Day 5.
    I look forward to seeing more

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome blazer! and i love this entire look - so casual, but extremely chic! (and i love OCC!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the green jacket/red shoes combo actually. i think you spaced them far enough from each other (top and shoes) to not make it look too holiday-esque :) and i get my tv back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad you could do OCC boxes with me this year. We will have to make it a tradition. AND, I totally noticed your ring the other night...I love it!! It's so different, in a good way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the green jacket (smashing by itself) looks just fine with the red shoes. I didn't even notice it until you said something. I think the jewelry is a nice touch, especially, that ring.

    P.S. I'm loving your haircut more and more each time I see it.
    No Guilt Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ADORE that green jacket. Its such a statement piece and looks like it can be worn with just about anything. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ ashley - thanks! I love toys for tots, too. The Christmas season is so much better when you can give something to someone else in need. :)

    @ linda - thank you. I do love the jacket. In fact, I think I scoped it out when it was at Target the first time, but it wasn't on sale enough so I didn't buy it.

    @ linley - thanks!

    @ woodycakes - oh, don't worry. you'll get to see the TV LOTS coming up this fall :)

    @ ashlee - thanks, hon, for hosting! I totally love my ring, too...it was part of my bday present from my group of best friends from high school

    @ noguiltfashion - yeah, it's not obvious red/green in your face, but I am conscious of it. Thanks for the comment about the hair--I'm really getting used to it (in a good way).

    @ tiffany - isn't it great? I have so many combos with this baby planned.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.