Friday, November 12, 2010

Fun with Fashion Bloggers

After watching fashion bloggers everywhere get together, I was finally fortunate enough to get to attend a fashion blogger meet-up of my own! Sacramento, while lesser known than other large cities in California, has a vibrant creative, artistic, and new media community.  I can be quite shy around new people, but these girls are so fun that by the end of the afternoon we were gabbing like old friends.  Take a peek (photos courtesy of Citizen Rosebud, our fearless organizer).

L-R: Coco, Kari, me, Nikki, Natale, Melody, and Bella

Jen (she took the photo above)

We hit up the Midtown Bazaar (where Natale got that rockin' red poncho) and then to Streets of London for some drinks.

What to wear to a fashion blogger meetup? The tried-and-true dress + boots uniform works.

Or how about shorts plus tights (LOVE those Xs--they're only on the back) and flat oxfords.

Our group was diverse in so many ways, but our love of fashion (both our own and being able to appreciate others) and Sacramento brings us all together. Since this is a career-oriented blog, I checked in with some of the ladies after the meetup with a few career questions.

Bella - The Citizen Rosebud
Current job: Presently my "day" job is being a freelance writer and street style photographer. At the moment, it is also my night job.

Dream job: My dream job is to be a full-time artist who organically gardens and cooks delicious vegetarian meals for friends made from seasonally grown produce. Who also happens to rock the vintage for a living. 

Nikki - Little Bits of NikkNak
Current job: I am currently working as a high school photography teacher. I love sharing the experience of 35mm cameras and a wet lab with students who were raised in a digital world! I see my job as giving students an outlet for their creativity, emotions, and experiences.

Dream job: My dream job would be teaching painting. It is my artistic medium of choice and I feel more connected to the material. My dream job would also include owning and running my own vintage and handmade shop. Creating an inspiring and beautiful place full of little treasures and beautiful things to share with others would be magical! :)

Coco - Muffin Top Baby
Current job:  Well, my day job pretty much IS my blog. I try to post daily, but even when I don't, my time is spent trend-hunting, digging up the latest and greatest, and sharing my personal inspiration with my readers! When it comes down to it, thats all I want to do really: I want to inspire other life-size and plus-size girls like myself to be as fashionable and stylish as THEY want to be, not how others tell them to be. Just because we may not have the body of a runway or editorial model, doesn't mean we can't look stylish and hip. I think every girl should strut the sidewalk like its her very own runway! I also do some modeling alongside my blog, which isn't a bad gig either ;)

Dream job: I'm currently in the process of making my dream come true, as I'd love to ultimately do what I'm doing now: reporting on fashion and the industry. I'd also love to work as a spokesmodel for some of my favorite brands/companies and designers. I think every girl dreams of one day being a face for some of her favorite designers and for me, I'd love to be the first plus model to walk for Elie Saab and John Galliano. (A girl can dream, can't she? ;D) and perhaps get the chance to go to Europe and work with plus modeling agency 12+UK.

Natale - Evelesco
Current job: During the day I work as an assistant producer and bookkeeper for a post production studio in midtown. It's been a great opportunity to get into the creative and professional world of TV, radio, and film production.

Dream job: My dream job is big. And that's about as far as I've got :) Whatever it ends up being, it wouldn't be a dream if it didn't allow me time to blog, craft, travel, ride my bike, and spend time with my lovely boyfriend and adorable kitty.


Check out more coverage of the meet-up (including pics of stylish gals on bikes!) at these ladies' blogs:
Have you attended a blogger meet-up? If you're a Sacto style blogger and not already in our Facebook group, let me know and we'll get you in there!

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great afternoon we had. I'm so glad you were a part of it, and am so looking forward to our next gab fest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post- so great meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did she get those tights?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was super-fun--I'd never bet other bloggers in person before (well, when I knew them from blogging first, that is).

    @anon- I think they were off of gilt, not sure of the designer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun! i wish i could go to a foodie blog meet-up, but my thighs and my love handles are glad i don't have that opportunity! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I can only imagine what kind of goodies a foodie blogger meet-up would have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. tights on sale 13.99 posted here: http://www.streetstylesacramento.com/2010/11/x-marks-spot.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ citizen - thanks! I remembered I read it somewhere but I couldn't remember where!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.