Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dear Monday [11 of 30]

office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional gap outlet pants j.crew shirt striped belt leaf necklace sally hansen touch of mink nails red pumps
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional gap outlet pants j.crew shirt striped belt leaf necklace sally hansen touch of mink nails red pumps
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional gap j.crew shirt striped belt leaf necklace sally hansen touch of mink nails

The Rundown:
1 + 19 + 29
Gap belt - 2010 - $10 (similar)
Sally Hansen Touch of Mink nail polish - 2010 - $8
Leaf necklace (via Vanity Lounge Salon @ Girls Night Out) - 2010 - $22

Monday. How I love and hate you. Each morning you promise me a new start and the possibility of new opportunities and adventures in the new week ahead. Each afternoon you challenge me to keep my head up and set a good start to the rest of the week. And each evening you laugh at me cruelly, taunting me with the reality that there are four more days just like this to follow.

Sometimes you are better than that. Sometimes you are worse. Today you just...were. You came, and hung out, and will be moving on shortly. We didn't have any conflict, but we didn't have an especially great time, either. I guess we both came out unscathed, which is pretty good in my book.  Maybe it's because you know there are only two days left of workweek left and you don't have as much to say.

Do you ever get offended by the bad rap you get? Garfield, for one, seemed to have it out for you.  You don't always deserve it. Is that why you act up every once in a while? If I were nicer to you, would you be nicer to me? I guess it's worth a try.

Thanks for letting me get through today, Monday.  See you next week.

What worked:
This outfit is very similar to this old one (one of my first!).  I do love that outfit, and it definitely captures my style, but I can't post the same outfits over and over again, now can I? This get-up does have my favorite proportions--a wide leg, a fitted top with some arm showing, and a pointy toe. The skinny belt is also balances out the volume. This shirt is a bit baggy, so the rolled sleeves are a must to balance that out.

I did branch out a little this time and tried a necklace outside of my shirt collar. I've seen it done a bunch online, especially with larger necklaces like this one, and I have to say, I like the look.  Really lets this necklace be the star (isn't it fab?).

What didn't:
Lots of wrinkle potential today, but I think I survived.  It was also an iffy hair day--I felt like an asian male pop star (you know, the ones with the bangs?). Need to come up with more styling ideas.

How was your Monday?

14 comments:

  1. wide legs ftw. i was supposed to include one in my mix of items but decided against it cause it always rains and i commute and it would get wet. but you look really good :D

    also, i really love your necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit, and the necklace is awesome. Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you and your statements about adding a belt and rolling the sleeves to balance out the volume. You look great, and I totally love that necklace.
    No Guilt Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I even logged on this morning, my husband said, "Hey, look! There's someone else who shares your taste in clothes!" And sure enough you do. But you made way better picks for the 30 for 30. 8sigh8

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so chic in these pants, and I love the necklace outside of the shirt! That's a look I've been eyeing, but I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look--I've always liked the look of wide leg pants combined with pointy heels.

    And your reference to Asian male pop stars made me chuckle--those guys have the best, swingy hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the necklace and how it adds that little something extra to take this outfit from basic work attire to fashion forward! - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asian pop star! Love that reference. My fella and his family are Japanese, so I have been exposed to some of the pop stars you are talking about.

    I love the fun that the bright belts adds to this office look.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh. how fabulous is the outfit?! I love your pants and that cute little belt! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovelovelovelove this necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ woodycakes - Yeah, I finally got a parking spot at work but before I did I was always planning for my outdoor walking time.

    @ somethings gotta give - thanks!

    @ noguiltfashion - isn't it amazing? It's definitely more than I would usually pay for a necklace but I just couldn't pass on this one!

    @ sky - thanks for stopping by! I definitely learned a few things from doing the 30 for 30 last time--stick it through and see how you do next time!

    @ ashley - you should definitely try it! Plus side--no cold metal or scratching against your skin. ;)

    @ kathleen - they do! I'm just not sure I can pull off their look :P

    @ katy - thanks!

    @ linda w - thanks! That belt was the beginning of my recent growth in accessory-use!

    @ ashley - thanks, girl!

    @ col - Me toooo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say, I am really enjoying your fall looks!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.