Monday, November 15, 2010

Manic Monday [6 of 30]

office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans limited top banana republic necklace swapped black pencil skirt enzo angiolini peep-toe pumps
office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans limited top banana republic necklace swapped black pencil skirt enzo angiolini peep-toe pumps
office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans limited top banana republic necklace swapped black pencil skirt enzo angiolini peep-toe pumps

The Rundown:
11 + 12 + 30
BR necklace - 2010 - $12 (similar)
Gap belt - 2010 - $10 (similar)
Nancy Rosetta circle ring - 2010 - birthday present (similar)

What worked:
Do you ever have one of those mornings where getting dressed is just easy? It doesn't happen to me often, but somehow this morning it all just came together.  This teal top was the last item I added to my 30...I had thought about it as I was falling asleep the night before posting my list, and nearly forgot to make the change before I posted.  Luckily I did get it in, because it's pretty cool. It's comfy (cotton with some stretch), demure (good sleeves), and has nice detailing that makes it just that much more special (neckline pleats and armbands).  You can't tell from this photo, but the shoes are dark brown and the skirt is black.  Usually I'll pair one brown item with mostly black, or mostly brown with some black, but today was just one of each. Nice and even-handed.  Whatever.

I think my biggest loves about this outfit are the colors and the necklace. Kept me in a good mood all day. And good mood = confident = producing better work (for me, at least).  It was a gorgeous 78 degrees out today, too, so it felt good to go bare-legged.

What didn't:
If I had been paying more attention during the day, the black and brown would probably have bothered me more, but since it was another day of hunkering down at my desk, it didn't bother me at all.  I wish I could figure out more ways to knot my belt, but I think my current way will work until I find something better.

What items do you reach for when you need a quick put-together outfit?

17 comments:

  1. Black, Black, Black...I've been in a funky lately, and desperately need to re-edit my closet, so there is nothing in there I wouldn't wear. I read a book a few years ago, about French women. Because they are so incredibly discerning everything in their closet looks fabulous on them, so getting dressed is a breeze....I do aspire to be like that, but I have a ways to go.
    Love you outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your Monday's are manic also! I think that skirt looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always reach for something black & usually some comfy boyfriend jeans. Boring!

    I love the color of your top & the necklace is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great top - good thing you remembered to throw it in. But my favorite part of the outfit is that belt. It makes me realize I need a nice skinny belt.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool necklace! I've recently started mixing brown and black more too. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The belt really makes the outfit pop! I love the color. Looks great :)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very refreshing combo! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your great polished look here. Since following normal people's fashion blogs, I have learned that mixing black, navy, brown and gray are ok...now I just have to let the hubs know that he doesn't necessarily have to wear a black belt with black shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want your belt and necklace...so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a similar top in black that's become a go-to -- I can wear it with any patterned A-line skirt & *bam* instant cute, comfy outfit. Add a cardigan & tights if the weather (or office AC!) is cool. Usually with flats too, again, on one of those mornings where I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great combo! I'm glad you had an easy-to-get-dressed morning, those are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ thefashionabletraveler - it would be awesome to have a wardrobe full of make-you-feel-fabulous pieces...I'd like to get there, too. :)

    @ kandistyle - thanks! I didn't try it on at the swap and was nervous when I got home, but I was soooo ecstatic that it fit perfectly!

    @ ashley - thanks!

    @ linda - seriously...this belt was my entree into belt-wearing. I don't know what made me buy it but I'm so glad I did. Go get thee a skinny belt (preferably in a color).

    @ elisabeth - mixing brown and black is my favorite!

    @ nikki - thanks, friend!

    @ myfashiontake - thank you!

    @ eek - It is soooo totally okay! I encourage you to do it more! I don't know about breaking guys of the habit though...they can be pretty stubborn ;)

    @ della - thanks :)

    @ trystan - Don't you love those versatile pieces that make everything look just that much nicer? I need some better flats (I'm completely sick of mine or they're falling apart).

    @ sara-jane elizabeth - thanks! they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. girl, i like it! you really do live up to your blog name: a new professional. nothing stiff or boring. love the outfit -- and the necklace!! here's to more remixes

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ janeen and woodycakes - thanks, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chic outfit! That top is such a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.