Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Is eight enough?

office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans old navy sweater tweed trousers enzo angiolini peep-toe pumps swapped belt american eagle necklace
office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans old navy sweater tweed trousers enzo angiolini peep-toe pumps swapped belt american eagle necklace
office fashion blogger the new professional angeline evans old navy sweater tweed trousers enzo angiolini peep-toe pumps swapped belt american eagle necklace

The Rundown:
9 + 14 + 30
American Eagle necklace - 2010 - $7 (similar here and here)
Studded belt - 2010 - swapped (similar)
Target earrings - 2010 - $5 for a set of two (similar)
Nancy Rosetta circle ring - 2010 - birthday gift (similar)

What worked:
This is one of my favorite sweaters, which I usually reserve for evening or weekend wear.  I added it to my 30 this time because I figure with the bright color and stripes, it'd be a great way to spice up an office outfit.  And I think I was right.  The long-ish sweater and loose trousers would have been a bit frumpy had it not been for the belt.

What didn't: 
Hmm...I'm just going to go for it and say nothing, really.

My hair is long enough for a ponytail!  A small one, but a ponytail nonetheless. Today was my attempt at back-combing the top/back to give it a little pouf, but I don't think it held well.  But I'm going to keep trying.


Quick tip--to keep a studded belt from flipping out, put a glue dot (not to be mistaken for a dot of glue) on one of the studs that would be hidden under the flappy part, and press the flappy part (yes, that's the technical term) onto the glue dot. Do not put the glue dot on the leather part of the belt. Just a little tip from me to you.

What are your tricks to keep flappy belt ends in? Do you tie them, rubber band them, or do you have your own method?

16 comments:

  1. i like the minty green of this sweater. i don't think you need a belt in this one, or maybe not that kind of belt? maybe that's me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the necklace! I know that everyone is like knotting/tucking belts these days (is there a correct term? dunno) but I'm not sure I'm a fan yet. Love the glue dot suggestion. I usually use brown bobby pins with my brown braided leather belts... never really had a problem with any other belts, so no idea what I'd do for others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sweater! I have such a weakness for stripes! Your pants looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to loop my belt ends up and behind and then back around. I have pics of it in my blog. Cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comfy but polished, love it! I love having outfits like these in my back pocket for days that are too cold, rainy, snowy, sleepy, etc. :)

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started using bobby pins to hold belts ends together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always knot the ends of my belt (stylish and functional!) or I use a clear rubber band from sephora (the same I use in my hair). Works great, and is super helpful if I want to pull my hair back later!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colors in this are great on you! that green is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when hair growth gets to just that point when it can pull back almost entirely into a pony tail. But I thought you were keeping your hair short? Or are you growing it out again? - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the minty green sweater! You're right... It was a great way to spice up office wear. Not too much and not too little. I'm so very jealous of your wide-leg trousers too, by the way. They look fabulous on you. The whole outfit came together very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nuh uh! That is SUCH an awesome idea to put the 'day 8' on your boob tube! I loved it immediately.

    I also really love your outfit, especially your trousers.

    & all of you books. ::drools::

    ReplyDelete
  12. The way you belted today makes your legs look so long and lean.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's a really pretty sweater. you had me at the stripes!

    plus, i love the pants! so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies--It sounds like bobby pins are a popular belt trick! I'll have to try it out.

    @ pearlsandgreentea - your method is adorable! I'll have to try it--I dislike how my knots look really off center, but yours keeps the center.

    @ ashley - you know, I had that idea this morning but I couldn't find any of those rubber bands! I could have sworn I had them somewhere. But they're clear so easy to lose, right?

    @ katy - I think I'm growing my hair out. Mostly because I want to wait as long as possible before I have to shell out for another 'do. But after that I'll probably cut it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I just found your blog via Kendi.
    This outfit is perfect! (You were right, nothing didn't work!) I love the colors, the proportions, and the general laid back yet work appropriateness of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.