Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The flip side

office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional banana republic suit ross shirt blake scott red pumps
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional banana republic suit ross shirt blake scott red pumps
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional banana republic suit ross shirt blake scott red pumps
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional banana republic suit ross shirt blake scott red pumps
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional banana republic suit ross shirt blake scott red pumps

The Rundown:
10 + 13 + 25 + 29
Nancy Rosetta circle ring - 2010 - birthday gift (similar)
Black bead necklace - 2010 - swapped (similar)
NYC Color nail polish, West Village (available)

Confession: I wear suits not because I have to or I have meetings. I often wear suits just for the layers.  I am a wimp when it comes to cold.

Exhibit A: I keep my A/C at 82 degrees in the summer if I turn it on at all.
Exhibit B: Even in the summer, I rarely consumer iced drinks. I prefer hot tea.
Exhibit C: As I speak, it's over 70 degrees in my apartment and my foot is in a constant cramp in my fuzzy slipper due to cold.
Exhibit D: I will resort to over-dressing to avoid being cold at my desk. 

What worked:
This jacket and these pants are actually the same color. They're part of a set (along with the matching skirt) that I purchased earlier this year before I went on the Great American Apparel Diet. I think the plaid shirt plays down the formality of the black suit.

What didn't:
The blue nails didn't really jive with the rest of the outfit, but other than that I liked it!

Made it to the second half of 30 for 30!

How do you stay warm in the office?

17 comments:

  1. beautiful plaid top and i like how it looks paired under the sharp blazer.

    i'm always cold too and actually keep a space heater by my feet at my desk. it's my only salvation for staying warm! :)

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog this weekend and became an instant follower. I love the way you are able to mix a business look with more funky, trendy pieces while still looking like a grown up. That is what I try to do too.

    Congrats on the remix. I tried once and couldn't make it past 16.

    schoolmarmstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL i feel you on wearing suits to keep away teh cold. my office is pretty chilly and i'm near the AC so suits do come in handy.

    i love the chunky necklace with the checkered top though! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit! I stay warm at the office with a space heater, kept almost underneath my chair. Sad thing is, it's on most of the summer too because of the A/C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blue nails but I just haven't had time to do mine lately. I might have to bust out the midnight blue or the navy now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed that you're managing to mix both weekend and workday outfits so well during this challenge! I love how you dressed this shirt up here. Great job so far!

    My office days are over (for now at least), but when I did sit in a cubicle I had a lovely vintage quilt that I would throw over my lap. It made me feel a little like an old lady, but I didn't care it kept me warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty shirt !
    I wear suits so I stay within a certain weight and also because I like to dress up for work.
    I keep warm at the office by throwing on an Air France plane blanket, I know you must think I am SO CLASSY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The checkered top is so cute! Loving the different ways you're styling it! It's really bold and you make it look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a space heater, too (they're not allowed in our building so mine is on the DL), but I try not to blow it too much or else my legs freeze when I get up! A blanket is a good idea, but I already have a pillow on my chair and I think people might start getting suspicious if I add a blanket to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great outfit! You look so professional! I totally know what you mean about layering up in the winter. It's been snowing where I live for over a month. Boooo.

    http://betterthanamilkmustache.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the gingham shirt- it's so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ angela - snow...eesh! I haven't lived in snow in years, and even then it wasn't much.

    @ maggie - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to stay worm with ankle warmers. Now my office is warmer and I'm OK. I also keep a slightly too big cardigan/sweater at my desk. It can be layered over layers and works wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ colleen - ankle warmers sound divine! Are they just knit like leg warmers?

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the ring! super cute

    i used to keep a cardigan at work to stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.