Monday, November 22, 2010

Lumberjack hack [10 of 30]

office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional ross plaid flannel shirt skinny jeans franco sarto brown boots urban outfitters two-finger ring casual friday
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional ross plaid flannel shirt casual friday
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional ross plaid flannel shirt skinny jeans franco sarto brown boots urban outfitters two-finger ring casual friday
office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional ross plaid flannel shirt skinny jeans franco sarto brown boots urban outfitters two-finger ring casual friday

The Rundown:
7 + 10 + 17+ 27
Urban Outfitters double-finger ring - 2010 - birthday gift (here)
Random chain necklaces - collected over the years from who knows where (I don't!)

I know I'm posting this late, but this was my Casual Friday outfit. Is it sad that I didn't realize I'd worn three of these items together already in my remix until I was writing this post? I am really struggling with this challenge, partially because of the weather and my intense unhappiness with the early nightfall, but mostly because of my own poor choices. This is why I do a lot a projects myself--I have no one else to blame but me. And I don't like blaming myself, so I just brush it off. Came up with a list of 20 more outfits this afternoon, some more adventurous than others...we'll see how well I stick to my planned combos (judging from last time I did the 30 for 30--not very well).  Cross your fingers for me, okay?

What worked:
I love this cozy flannel shirt...it's yellow, it has zippers, and it has cool black snap buttons (on the sleeves, too).  I played up the tough look of the shirt with a handful of chain necklaces and my double-finger ring.

The white shirt underneath was for warmth and to layer some sleeve action.  Dani from No Guilt Fashion and I apparently had the same idea on the same day (and we're not the first, it was probably some lumberjack in the prairie days).  Check out her long-sleeve under a flannel outfit here.

What didn't:
It's hard to tell from the pics but the buttons are a bit strained in the bust. I think this shirt shrunk. Oh well. I still love it. Flannel makes winter so much more bearable.

What is your favorite cozy winter fabric?

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. I think I like your shirt better. Love the yellow and black.
    No Guilt Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look more redwoods than redneck. adorable. pinch those pendleton cheeks, cute.

    i love plaid, and have a awkward appreciation for buffalo plaid. really brings out the dyke in my haircut. so i don't wear it much. not growing the haircut anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shirt is really cute! Not lumberjack at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While yellow isn't my thing, I love the style of that shirt. The zippers, snaps, & cut really update it from 'lumberjack' :-)

    For me, winter means sweaters 24/7. I ended up wearing sweaters to work all last week (finally getting cool in Silicon Valley!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flannel is fabulous!! I love that shirt. The plaid, the color, the style....everything about it is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might feel like you are struggling, but you don't look it. Another cute and creative outfit.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. This color is great on you! I love the colored plaid and the boots are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a sucker for plaid. Flannel is so comfy, you can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that shirt. I have been trying to find a good flannel/plaid looking shirt, but no luck yet. This outfit is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shirt! It's like a modern remake of lumberjack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol! i love the last pic. that's the angel i know! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks ladies. Looks like I'm not the only flannel junkie (flannel sheets are the best, too...mmm bed).

    @ Trystan - I wish I had more warm sweaters! Most of mine are thinner and nice for layering, but not super warm. Definitely not great for California winters :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. FLANNEL SHIRTS ALWAYS WORK
    you look great with your lumberjack wear. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thinking I need to put a zipper in one of my flannel shirts! I love that look

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ woodycakes - so true!

    @ grace - that sounds like a great DIY!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.