Friday, November 19, 2010

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend | 11.19.10

Crocheting! Love getting to snuggle up in knits in the winter.

In case you don't know by now, I'm a little obsessed with the weather.  I watch it on the news at least once a night (sometimes twice), have two weather apps on my phone, and when conversation veers toward weather talk, I get excited.

By the time you read this it's probably disgustingly cold in Sacramento compared to what it was like just this Monday, when it was a balmy 78 degrees.  By Sunday it's supposed to get into the 40s with rain.  Hopefully this will get me to buckle down and start my Christmas cards and gifts this weekend, after going bridesmaid dress shopping with my friend Cari, that is. I just love going out and trying on clothes.

Wait, this doesn't count against my 30 for 30 shopping ban does it? Or the Great American Apparel Diet?  I didn't know it was coming, and although the wedding isn't until June, I certainly can't wait until March to order.  Oh well. It doesn't count. That's my call.

Before I rant on even more let's just stop for a second and get to some links:

Style and fashion
Career and office
  • While I love my home office, I also really love offices tucked into closets and other nooks (it would help if my apartment actually had an closet). I'm especially loving this office in a closet, done on a budget, no less.
  • I cannot believe 2010 is almost over, but I am super-excited to shop for a new wall calendar for my cube.  First stop: etsy...check out the calendars they featured this week!
  • After 10 hours at work, another 2 hours out with the gals, and coming home and talking to the hubs, I've spend the last hour and a half blogging. It's nearly 1 a.m. and the alarm goes off in six hours. Am I crazy? Sure. But if you're a Gen Y woman, chances are you're crazy, too.  Ms. Career Girl tells us why.
  • After three years with the same company, I've seen many people come and go. Luckily my boss is a constant, and I love her for that. If you're not so lucky, and your awesome boss leaves, take A Career Stylist's advice for a smooth transition.
After hours
  • Many of you have commented on my built-in bookshelf.  Get the look without the hassle with bookshelf wallpaper!
  • I've been (semi-successfully) trying to kick a years-long caffeine habit (tmi--my stomach and coffee do not get along), so I drink tons of tea all day long.  Usually about 6-8 cups worth. I need this cup.
  • Love gift-giving but hate the waste that packaging creates? How about giving gifts in boxes that the recipient can reuse later? Apartment Therapy shares their favorite resources for reusable gift boxes.
What good reads did you find this week?

2 comments:

  1. aw, thanks for including me in your roundup! I hardly sleep, too - I wake up at 5:15, leave the house at 6:30, work until 5, and now I work at F21 from 6pm-10:30 and then drive an hour home, get home and blog! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob--your schedule is way more crazy than mine--I take a lot of "relax" time in the evenings but I somehow catch a second wind around 10 and don't want to sleep. :P

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.