Friday, August 6, 2010

30 for 30 | The Recap

Outfits 16-30. Check out 1-15 here.

So there you have it...the last half of my 30 for 30 challenge.  This month has gone by so quickly; I'm not sure if the 30 for 30 played a part in that or not.

I wore each of my 30 items at least once, and definitely tried out some new outfits. Here are some highlights:

Most popular items:
  • Black sandals (9 wears)
  • Skinny jeans (5 wears)
  • Bootcut jeans (5 wears)
  • V-neck cardigan (5 wears)
  • Gold pumps (5 wears)
  • Black tulip skirt (4 wears)
  • Cowl-neck shell (4 wears)
  • Black blazer (4 wears)
  • Black gladiator heels (4 wears)
  • Nude heels (4 wears)
  • Shorts (4 wears)
 Least popular item:
  • Green dress (1 wear)

Favorite outfits: 2, 3, 8, 15, 24, 25, 28, 30
Least favorite outfits: 5, 9, 21, 22, 27

Firsts:
  • Wearing a work skirt on a weekend (outfit 27)
  • Wearing my ratty floral tank to work (outfit 9)
  • Mixing navy and black (outfit 30)

Things I learned:
  • I don't think I like the skinny jeans + heels look on me. 
  • Pencil skirts = jackpot.
  • I should wear button up shirts more often. I really like the way they look and fit. 
  • I need a new hairstyle.
  • I like color, and color likes me.
  • My workwear and casual wear hardly overlap. I picked wayyy more work-appropriate stuff and not enough casuals.
Morning after:
I think some girls had planned out their first day-after outfit, but I had no idea what to wear (by grouping all my 30 items in one spot in the middle of my closet, I ended up avoiding the rest of my clothes entirely for a whole month, so I nearly forgot what I had!). I went through four outfits before settling on a tie-neck blouse, A-line skirt, and belt. You know, just in case you were wondering. Nothing too special, but it was a combo I'd never tried before (geez, this challenge has got me going all adventurous and stuff)

So there you have it!  Not too shabby...I think even Kendi would approve.

What were your faves (and least)?  If you didn't do the 30 for 30, could you imagine doing something similar?

11 comments:

  1. congrats on completing your thirty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the six items or less challenge next? http://sixitemsorless.com

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all your looks groups together - you've been very creative with mixing work and play clothes, which is what I am trying to do this month. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, i'm so lazy, i practically do 30 for 30 already. (of course, being jobless helps with that, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! All these outfits are so different and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats! I really like #16 & #24. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies!

    @ Vee -- haha, I don't know about that! I'll think on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Angeline, you'd be very brave. I don't think I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My vote is #28--I love that yellow on you! But honestly, all your looks are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome idea!!! I, too, love outfit #28! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Vee - yeah I'm not sure I could. Have you seen Style Underdog's sort-of-6 for 30? She's putting together the outfits daily as an experiment (not necessarily wearing them out). So cool.

    @ shealennon and @V9 to 5 - Thanks! That was one that I don't think I would have come up with if I hadn't been in such dire straits.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.