Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lucky charms

 
Loft blazer - 2010 - $90 in a moment of weakness (similar) / Banana Republic shirt - 2009 - $20 on sale (similar) / Merona trouser jeans via Target - 2011 - $18 on sale (similar) / Blake Scott red pumps via Off Broadway or DSW - 2010 - $40 (similar) / Grouse and Badger typewriter ring - 2010 - $5 (similar) / Forever 21 leaf necklace - 2010 - $5 (similar)

If you were to see my kitchen, you would think K and I were cereal fiends. That's only half true. K is a cereal fiend. I, on the other hand, eat only Lucky Charms, and only on weekends. True story.

I've been trying to post outfits as they come up, but since I'm on vacay right now and I happened to have this in the archives, this is what you're getting. This was my St. Patrick's Day outfit. There's some green (see the ring on the chain?). I escaped any pinching (although pinching in the workplace is awkward to begin with--just say no).

This blazer isn't as weird as it looks in pictures--I just apparently don't know how to model it right. It is super-cute when my arms aren't all out to the sides pulling at it. This was my first cheat from my shopping diet (along with the matching skirt), which in hindsight is a) too short and b) too wrinkle-prone to be work appropriate. So the skirt now has new life for casual wear, and this blazer has been added to my blazer collection.

What worked
Just a basic trouser-jean outfit. I like how the blazer sort of dresses it up. And of course the green and red combo (one of my faves...just keep them separated by other colors to avoid the holiday look).

What didn't
Just a basic trouser-jean outfit. Nothing special.

Do you ever buy a piece (or pieces) only to find out later they don't work how you wanted them to? How have you re-purposed them for other situations?

9 comments:

  1. I really like the jacket, and the dark red heels peeking out.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embellishments on that blazer!

    I too have a strict no touching policy when it comes to awkward, office contact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. am loving the necklaces..it gives a bit of spicing to the jacket & jeans luk!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the trouser jeans and have been on the hunt for a pair myself. and the leaf necklace is so pretty!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I disagree that there's nothing special - the bow and overlapping pendant are quite girly and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I saw that jacket at Loft and totally LOVE it. It looks great on you!

    and I'm in love with the color combo of teal shirt and red shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @my heart blogged - thank you! the red heels are one of my faves.

    @sorren - me too. it's an office!

    @shooting star - thanks!

    @kileen - you would look killer in trouser jeans! hope you find some!

    @from suns to moons - aww, thanks. :)

    @kimmie - I do the teal and red more often than I realize, I think, since I have several teal tops and I love these shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.