A look inside the gorgeous Watts Towers in Los Angeles. Simon Rodia built this entire thing (it is super tall and fills basically his whole house lot) by hand over 30 years. He was 75 when he finished. If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend this place!
Woohooo! It's the weekend! Well, almost. I finally (finally) have absolutely NOTHING planned this weekend. Somehow my calendar has organized itself into an every-other-weekend schedule for travel/events and absolutely nothing. And half the time absolutely nothing becomes something (but something fun and spontaneous). What will this weekend bring? Who knows?
I do know, however, that there were a ton of good reads all over the interwebs this week. So without further ado, here are my faves.
Style and fashion
- Harper's Bazaar: Michelle Obama and the new power dressing [Thanks, Kirsten, for the heads up on this!]
- Dwelling and Telling: Tutorial: Knotted bun updo [I miss my long hair!]
- Little Bits of NikkNak: Fashion advice from a newb
- Stylepint: The accessories corner
- Classroom Chic: How to wear a shiftdress
- Already Pretty: Your thrifting checklist
- Corporette: How to look professional without looking like you think you're in charge
- Swissmiss: Ikea e-folder set desktop organizer [Cannot wait until this is available in English. Please?]
- The Office Stylist: Stylishly Chic Home Office Makeover
- Jane Has A Job: CEOs with daughters offer more equitable pay
- Lindsay Pollak Career Blog: How to turn an internship into a job
- Lifehacker: Top 10 ways to rock your resume
- Consciously Corporate: A 3C lunch
- Grit and Glamour: Klout: What it is and why it matters
- From Suns to Moons: Let's Jump Right In [A new series on grammar. My fave.]
- Problogger: 7 good things that blogging brings [Absolutely LOVE this article. One of my very fave faves this week.]
- Modly Chic: How to blog more often without more time
What were your favorite reads this week?