Take a walk down memory lane to my first post, my first outfit, my first 30 for 30 challenge, my first Links a la Mode, and my first giveaway.
And to celebrate, I'm excited to announce another giveaway (yes, I'm giveaway happy this time of year. Or just happy). You know I'm a sucker for a sheath dress, and I'm especially in love with the Bali Ha'i' dress from Shabby Apple's new South Pacific collection.
Isn't it just dreamy? It would be perfect for work (with a cute cardi maybe) but also drinks and dinner afterward, or to attend a spring wedding. I love the neckline details and the knee length skirt.
Do you want one?
- Leave a comment below letting me know where you see yourself wearing this dress and your email.
- Go to the Shabby Apple Facebook page and "like" them for access to special discounts and promotions. Leave a separate comment when you've done this for an additional entry.
- Tweet or blog about the giveaway. Leave a comment with the link for another additional entry
Can't wait or love another Shabby Apple dress more? Get 10% off at Shabby Apple with the coupon code "newprofessional10off" through April 30, 2011.
So tell me--Where would you wear the Bali Ha'i' dress?
Disclosure: I am a Shabby Apple affiliate. Purchases made through these links may result in commission.

Hells yes! I want a new dress, I'd wear it to work and on my bike! Here's my twitter post and I already follow you, love you, and like shabby apple - and here's the twitter link https://twitter.com/#!/Melody_Stone/status/42626694636515328
ReplyDeleteI would wear the dress out for drinks with my friends after work--it's a great transitional piece!
ReplyDelete--Alexandra
I am going to Vegas in April and would love to wear this dress all day walking the Strip and shopping. I'd pair it with some tan sandals and I'd be ready for anything!
ReplyDeletefashionkitten03 (at) hotmail (dot) com
Lord, lord...I have ALWAYS wanted a Shabby Apple dress.
ReplyDeleteI would wear this to an evening event...I work for a humanities center and when we host speakers I like to look both professional and just a little bit more glamorous than usual!
Samantha :)
mmmbrains (at) gmail (dot) com
ALSO I liked Shabby Apple on facebook!
ReplyDeleteSamantha :)
mmmbrains (at) gmail (dot) com
Happy Blogerversary, Angeline! I see myself wearing this dress to a Sacramento blogger meet-up. I am a fan on FB. I love Shabby Apple dresses!
ReplyDeleteEnter to Win My Shabby Apple Dress Give-Away- the Citizen Rosebud
I just liked them on fb!
ReplyDeleteI love that! I'd wear it to work all summer long.
ReplyDeleteI am already a fan of Shabby Apple on Facebook.
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 year Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI would wear this to charity events for work (like the upcoming annual Chef's Auction to benefit the March of Dimes - I need a dress and this would be perfect!)
I also tweeted your giveaway!
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/#!/alexandrap529/status/42629826602999808
alexandra.m.patterson@gmail.com
Happy Blogiversary!
ReplyDeleteI have a wedding in May, and I wasn't planning to get anything new, so this would be so much fun to get! I have the perfect dressy gold espadrille wedge sandals to wear with it too!
I'd wear it to my daughter's first birthday party next month!!
ReplyDeleteOh and I liked SA on facebook!
ReplyDeleteHappy blogiversary!!! I would wear this dress for a very important presentation... it would give me so much confidence standing in front of a crowd :)
ReplyDelete~Nicole
employed.panache@gmail.com
Happy Blogiversary! I see myself wearing this dress to the opera or to a big presentation at work! So classic! (email: erinleighralph AT hotmail DOT com).
ReplyDeleteI liked SA on facebook!
ReplyDeleteAndddd I tweeted your promo! (@grumpylibrarian)
ReplyDeleteUmm...yes please! I would so wear this. To work, to lunch, to school, on a date, or just about anywhere else I could make it work! I liked SA on Facebook as well.
ReplyDelete(p.s. they have my intials! yay!)
samantha0516(at)hotmail(dot)com
http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com
I have a wedding to go to this month! That would be the perfect place to wear this adorable dress... and work of course.
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThe boy and I have been talking about *important* things we're doing this year, so a purple (! my favorite color) dress would be great to make announcements in. ;-)
I've also liked them on Facebook! :-D
ReplyDeleteCrud! I don't know if Blogger will show you my email address, but this one would work: Amanda at godaisies dot com
ReplyDeleteI would wear that dress most everywhere! I want to pair it with something random like yellow heels!
ReplyDeletewardrobeoxygen at gmail.com
I "like" Shabby Apple on FB
ReplyDeletewardrobeoxygen at gmail.com
This dress would be great for work!
ReplyDeleteLove that dress! I would wear it to work and (hopefully!!) grad school in the fall!
ReplyDeleteLiked them on facebook!
ReplyDeleteTweeted about it! (http://twitter.com/#!/lauralee090/status/42659196717633536)
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy blogoversary! Yay!
ReplyDeleteOkay if I had that dress, I'd wear it to work with a blazer for one of our board meetings, or I'd wear it with sandals for a Saturday out shopping. It's stunning!
Happy 1 year blogiversary!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'd totally wear this to my cousin's wedding this summer!! :)
bluepaperlanterns at gmail.com
I would wear this dress to work and to the theater directly after with a faux fur coat and cute little glittery clutch. So SWEET!
ReplyDeleteI went to the FB page and "Liked" Shabby Apple!
ReplyDeleteI blogged about the give away here: http://gdo-family.blogspot.com/2011/03/new-professional-giveaway.html
ReplyDeleteooh, i love shabby apple and this dress is gorgeous! i'd definitely wear it to work, but also to my good friend's wedding coming up in the spring.
ReplyDeleteOooh, I would like to wear that dress on a date with my hubs!
ReplyDeleteI love the color! I'd wear it with a cardigan for my first day of teaching at my new job and then out to dinner to celebrate with my wife!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful dress - I would wear this to work...or church!
ReplyDeleteI'd wear it to the bridal shower I'm hosting this summer!
ReplyDeleteI love Shabby Apple. I'd wear that dress to any of our special events at work. So much cuter than a suit!
ReplyDeletePS: I just "liked" Shabby Apple on FB!
ReplyDeleteAwesome giveaway! I LOVE SHABBY APPLE! I would wear it at the conference/trade show I have at the end of the month!
ReplyDeletekbgruber (at) gmail (dot) com
I would wear this dress to work. Imagine the heads that will turn!
ReplyDeleteI liked Shabby Apple on FB.
Might be a bit late for this year, but I would wear this dress for special work celebrations like International Women's Day (8 March). The colour definitely says 'celebration' to me.
ReplyDeleteLove that dress! It would be perfect for showing houses (I'm a realtor) with a little cardigan. Congrats on your blogiversary!
ReplyDeleteI "liked" them on FB!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! It's amazing what a difference a year can make - right?! And this dress is amazing. I've been a shabby apple fan for a long time now and this dress is no exception. Love. It! - Katy
ReplyDeleteEverywhere! I agree — definitely to work with a cardi, definitely out with friends, and even out to fancier things, like the orchestra.
ReplyDeletekuguardchica (at) hotmail (dot) com
I would probably rock this at my rehearsal dinner...It's just so chic and versatile. I love the detailing in the neckline.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on a year!
I would love to wear this dress to work and maybe out for happy hour!
ReplyDeleteDawn-
ReplyDeleteI would wear it to a wedding I have this spring. Since I am attempting the Great American Apparel Diet on my own, I can not purchase anything new to wear to the wedding-but I have the perfect shoes!
Congrats on completing the one year w/o shopping and happy blogiversary!
ReplyDeleteI would wear the dress to the theatre.
I'd wear it to work
ReplyDeletejuliesimpson73@hotmail.con
I like Shabby Apple on facebook!
ReplyDeletejulie simpson
juliesimpson73@hotmail.com
I tweeted about the giveaway.
ReplyDeletejules_simpson
juliesimpson73@hotmail.com
I've got a wedding to attend this summer that I would love to wear this to!
ReplyDeleteHappy blog anniversary! I'd wear this on a date night with my fiance but would also wear it to work with a cardigan like you suggested.
ReplyDeletekcinca(at)excite(dot)com
I seriously LOVE that dress! What a great giveaway. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI would wear that dress with a blazer to work, or on its own when out with my hubby.
LOVE this dress! It is so sheek! I would wear it to a dinner theater - our plan is to go see Chicago!
ReplyDeleteI "like" Shabby Apple ON Facebook :)
ReplyDeleteThis dress is amazing! I've liked other Shabby Apple dresses I've seen, but this one I LOVE!
ReplyDeleteI would wear this to work with a cardigan on days I don't have meetings and with a blazer on days that I do. I'd definitely wear it out after work or on the weekends as well. Perfect for weddings (including one I have coming up in May)!
ssimpson83(at)gmail(dot)com
That dress looks perfect it just about every way. it's even my favorite shade of purple!
ReplyDeleteI can actually think of two places to wear it: a fairly formal wedding this July (with a light cardigan over it)and anniversary dinner with the boyfriend. And of course at work, with flats and a belted cardigan to make it more casual.
I also just "liked" their Facebook page!
ReplyDeleteAnd just tweeted about it: http://twitter.com/#!/Keisha_Shippy/status/42786421685223424
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to win such a beautiful dress!
Ooh! This is such a great dress! I'd wear it to work and/or to a networking event. It's such a classic shape but with the special detail and great color, it would still stand out. Congrats on your blogiversary!! Great giveaway, my dear.
ReplyDeletethirdfloorcloset@gmail.com
And I "liked" Shabby Apple on FB!
ReplyDeleteAnd I tweeted :)
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/#!/jeannaadcock/status/42796513264541696
Oh, yes please! I would love to wear that to some weddings this year!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your year of blogging!
The Auspicious Life
I would wear this dress to a wedding, church, anywhere really.
ReplyDeletemindiepack@gmail.com
i would absolutely wear it to work - why not? gorgeous dress! thanks for the giveaway! - heidi
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your one year mark!
ReplyDeleteThis dress would be great for the office and pretty much anything else! Throw on blazer or cardigan or not, belt it (wide or skinny or scarf) or not, wear it with boots, pumps or strappy sandals! And the color will work with so many other colors! <3
Pick me, pick me. Beautiful color for a great dress. I have a 15yr *gasp* reunion coming up this summer and this dress would be perfect.
ReplyDeleteI also "liked" Shabby Apple on FB and Tweeted about the giveaway
Tiffany
http://clothedcommuter.blogspot.com/
I would actually wear this dress to Easter Vigil. I know that's sort of different, but I think the color of this dress would look beautiful against the light of hundreds of candles. The style is also very modest and church appropriate!
ReplyDeleteI also liked Shabby Apple on facebook, of course :)
ReplyDeletestarlightentropy9_(at)hotmail(dot)com
LOVE Shabby Apple dresses! The thing is... I don't think there is ANYWHERE I wouldn't wear that GORGEOUS dress!
ReplyDeleterebecca_dukawicz@yahoo.com
I liked Shabby Apple on facebook!
ReplyDeleterebecca_dukawicz@yahoo.com
I would wear this dress to church (EVERY Sunday) and lunch dates with my husband and friends!
ReplyDeleteCMonte988@yahoo.com
I tweeted!
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/#!/ChrystalMonte/status/42950802842718208
This dress can be totally versatile if you wanted...I could see myself wearing it to work, out on dates with my hubs, on my upcoming vacation, girls nights out with my friends...the possibilities are endless!
ReplyDeletenicolerieth1@gmail.com
I like them on Facebook!
ReplyDeletenicolerieth1@gmail.com
Congrats on the one year mark! I tweeted [New post] Blogiversary for me, Shabby Apple for you! http://t.co/goDKhf5! I think the better question is, "Where WOULDN'T I wear this dress?" It's gorgeous and classy, with a fun little twist at the neckline. Perfect for a change of pace at the office and then a girls' night out after work!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI like Shabby Apple on Facebook.
ReplyDeletemindiepack@gmail.com
I would wear this dress to church!
ReplyDeletemichellehaskell@gmail.com
I like Shabby Apple on Facebook!
ReplyDeleteProfile: michelle riebeek
michellehaskell@gmail.com
I could see myself wearing this dress at a wedding or out on a date with my husband!
ReplyDeleteI like shabby apple on facebook. Hope I win!!
ReplyDeleteI like Shabby Apple on Facebook. :)
ReplyDeleteciradessa [at] gmail [dot] com
I would wear this dress out for dinner with my boyfriend. :)
ReplyDeleteciradessa [at] gmail [dot] com
I was literally on the Shabby Apple site yesterday before finding your website on Sacramento Connect. I loved this dress and imagined myself as high level executive meeting friends for drinks.
ReplyDeleteI would wear this to one of the quarterly meetings of the houston forum for international education. It is such a versatile dress!
ReplyDeleteI'm also a facebook fan :) I hope i win.
ReplyDeleteI just got hooked on Shabby Apple but need to start my collection with this dress!! Where would I wear it? Well where wouldn't I wear it?? I'm dreaming of wearing this dress to a super cute photoshoot, on a beach vacation, an extra special date night, or an important meeting at work.. ooh the possibilities are endless!! I hope I win!! EEEEE!
ReplyDeleteEmail: rubymagik@gmail.com
Web: www.rubymagik.etsy.com
Facebook: ruby magik boutique
I also "liked" Shabby Apple on Facebook :)
ReplyDeleteHeck, yeah, I want this dress. I see myself wearing it to the office with black peep toe pumps, hair in a French twist, and some simple earrings because the neckline can hold its own without jewelry.
ReplyDeleteEmail: lynne.devenny@gmail.com
Blog: Practical Paralegalism www.practicalparalegalism.com
Happy anniversary!
I'm the 13,944 person to like Shabby Apple on Facebook.
ReplyDeleteYes, I Want the Dress!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.practicalparalegalism.com/2011/03/paralegal-career-dressing-yes-i-want.html
Gorgeous Dress! Found it reading Practical Paralegalism, and I am in love with the whole site. Particularly the Skyline collection. The details in these dresses are very classy.
ReplyDeleteI also 'LOVED' it on Facebook. I would wear it to my next interview!
I would love to wear this to my friends wedding!! It's beautiful!
ReplyDeletecraftnjas@gmail.com
I like shabby apple on facebook.
ReplyDeletecraftnjas@gmail.com
i liked shabby apple on facebook
ReplyDeleteelizabethopheimATyahooDOTcom
i would wear the dress to church...i love that shabby apple's dresses are modest enough for that!
ReplyDeleteelizabethopheimATyahooDOTcom
I would wear this to work or just on a weekend with a nice pair of sandals for that casual yet professional look.
ReplyDeleteI like Shabby Apple on facebook (Athena)
ReplyDeleteI tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/spiritedJade/status/43266668692115456
ReplyDeleteI'm attending my boyfriend's "law school prom" aka Barrister's Ball in early May out in Philadelphia. It would be the perfect (classy) party dress!
ReplyDeletecarla.olszewski(at)gmail(dot)com
i would love to wear this lovely dress at the beach this summer!
ReplyDeletei like shabby apple on facebook!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your year of blogging!
ReplyDeleteI will wear this to the class teaching! Sheath dress is classroom apppropriate.
Congrats! My first thought with this dress was that it would be great for my friends' wedding in the fall.
ReplyDeletekate(dot)obrien219(at)gmail(dot)com
I liked Shabby Apple on FB
ReplyDeletekate(dot)obrien219(at)gmail(dot)com
Beautiful dress - no idea where the heck I would wear it, but I know I would find someplace fabulous...once I bought some spanx to wear under to hide the tummy!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on One Year...can't wait to see what's next!
I liked Shabby Apple on Facebook! Love the dresses!
ReplyDeleteMy hubby and I are planning to take a trip to Savannah, GA in May, and I would LOVE to wear one of those dresses on our trip! We also have a wedding and a graduation to attend in June, so I would have plenty of opportunity to wear an awesome Shabby Apple dress!
ReplyDeleteSOO cute. Love the South Pacific line! I would rock this to church!! Thanks!
ReplyDeletegomeggo[at]gmail[dot]com
Like Shabby Apple on FB
ReplyDeletegomeggo[at]gmail[dot]com
I would go on a crazy awesome date night at Toronto Bell Lightbox to see the Tim Burton exhibit totally glammed out.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could see myself wearing this dress on a beautiful rock strewn beach...but we don't live anywhere near a beautiful rock strewn beach :) So I could see myself recreating the romantic scenery by going on a romantic date with the hubby at a little outdoor restaurant down the street!
ReplyDeleteI also liked shabby apple on facebook!
ReplyDeleteAnd I tweeted the giveaway http://twitter.com/#!/busterae/status/43794629174362113
ReplyDeleteI would this dress to wear to work!
ReplyDeletesar_aaah[at]yahoo[dot]com
I love this dress! Great choice! I'd wear it to work, weddings, baby showers, parties. Pretty much everywhere.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! I would wear that just about anywhere! It would sure make running lame errands more exciting. ;)
ReplyDeleteI would wear this to dinner and out to a movie with my husband.
ReplyDeletewinit6 at hotmail dot com
I Like the Shabby Apple Facebook page.
ReplyDeleteKimberly B.
winit6 at hotmail dot com
Love this dress....and would wear it to an upcoming fundraiser "Bosom Buddies" with my family.
ReplyDeletecannon120@msn.com
I would where this dress anywhere...everywhere. Easter Sunday, to the grocery store, to work. You get the idea. Love it! Thanks for the giveaway ;)
ReplyDeletedmarie824 at aol dot com
I like SA on fb!
ReplyDeletedmarie824 at aol dot com
So awesome. I'd love to hear it to my upcoming bridal shower :)
ReplyDeletesarahannemccormickATyahooDOTcom
I also liked them on facebook
ReplyDeletesarahannemccormickATyahooDOTcom
Oh man I would wear this dress anywhere!!!! mmm out to dinner with the boyfriend? And even to work! Love the color and the style!
ReplyDeletenicolemarcellahunt at gmail dot com
We're friends on facebook already! :)
ReplyDeleteI'd wear it out to dinner or to a silent auction event coming up soon
ReplyDeleteadrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
I like Shabby Apple on Facebook
ReplyDelete(as AdrianeCoros)
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
I want to win this for my daughter. I could see her wearing this for an evening out with the girls or out to lunch or to a buisiness meeting. Very versatile dress!
ReplyDeletebingomamanorma(at)gmail(dot)com
Love, love, love. I would defintely wear this to a wedding, but since I don't have any coming up for a while, it would still be perfect for a dinner date with my husband.
ReplyDeletecatlahart(at)gmail(dot)com
This is a gorgeous color. I would wear to to my brother's and sister's highschool graduation this spring!
ReplyDeleteI would wear this on a hot date with my hubby!
ReplyDeleteI like Shabby Apple on Facebook!
ReplyDeleteLove shabby apple! Hope I win! dsjag@hotmail.com
ReplyDelete