Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Officially spring (and more ruffles)

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional loft cardigan skirt vintage belt nine west boots business casual
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional loft cardigan skirt vintage belt nine west boots business casual
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional loft cardigan skirt vintage belt nine west boots business casual
Ruffled blouse via Gottschalks - 2009 - $12 (similar) / LOFT cardigan - 2010 - gift (similar) / LOFT pencil skirt - 2009 - $13 (similar) / Nine West outlet boots - 2009 - $50 (similar) / Vintage belt via Bows and Arrows - 2010 - $12 (similar) / Premier Designs faux pearl drop earrings - 2010 - $20 (similar)

It's officially springtime! And to backpack on to yesterday's post, here is an outfit I recently put together with the ruffled blouse (it wasn't uploaded yet when I wrote yesterday's post so I totally forgot to include it).  This is from last week. I woke up and was playing on my phone in bed, like most people do (right?), and I saw that LOFT had uploaded a whole Facebook album of bloggers wearing their cardigans. A light came on in my head--I HAVE one of their cardigans! Oh joy.

Now how the heck do I get in that album? I'm wearing a LOFT skirt, too. Pretty please?

What worked
The colors, the proportions. Especially with a sort of boxy skirt, the belt was a must and kept the look from being too frumpy. Keeping the collar open also helped (although now that I'm looking at it, I wish I'd worn a necklace).

What didn't
I think a thinner belt would have been much nicer. And maybe one that wasn't elastic. The cardigan kept pulling up and then poufing over the belt (see first photo above). But overall I really loved this!

Where is your favorite store/retailer  for cardigans? What is your favorite style of cardigan (v-neck, crew-neck, boyfriend, cropped, etc.)?

23 comments:

  1. I love this outfit - so professional but fun! I love cardigans, and I don't really have a favorite store for them, but I do have a lot of old navy cardis - not the best quality but they are always in fun colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great office outfit. I actually might prefer it without a necklace - it lets the ruffles stand out on their own. And those boots are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect season-transition outfit! Spring is my favorite time of year for dressing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. G.R.E.A.T. boots! I like the whole outfit, but I love the boots, haha!

    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always looking for a good cardigan! The ones I get from target get loose throughout the day so I look really frumpy by the time I get home. Others tend to get pilly very quickly. I've had the most luck at H&M... They usually have more interesting colors and a good fit.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady, you look SO lovely! The boots and ruffles play off one another beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE those ruffles and would never have thought to wear them with boots! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute outfit. love the ruffles. i agree, a thinner belt and maybe in a darker color would have showed off the ruffles more. but the outfit is still cute as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOFT better pick you up! You look lovely, love the belted cardi with the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the boots and I love that this outfit transition seasons so well too. I actually like the proportion of the belt I just think it's too monochromatic. Adorable, feminine and office appropriate. Good show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this look. I haven't gone tightless yet for spring (it's still cold here!), but I am dying to attempt boots, bare legs, and beige skirt!

    CupcakeAdventures

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my favorite of all the looks with this blouse. May you get in their album after all! Tweet them a tiny URL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was this the same blouse as yesterday?? I didn't get a chance to comment, but I think it can be worn with a vest on warmer days. But, I really do like how you styled it today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely outfit--I am a sucker for ruffles though. :)

    My fave type of cardigans are v-necks--and I end up buying the majority of mine at Old Navy or Gap.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ ashley - I love colors! I need some more in my closet.

    @ elizabeth - thanks! I'm sure I that's why I didn't put on a necklace in the first place.

    @ keira - thanks! I like spring (if only it would stay spring here! it's back to winter weather).

    @ lili - thanks! they were a huge splurge for me at $50 (for faux leather), but they're definitely worth it.

    @ nikknak - yes! my other cardigan (the beige v-neck one) is from H&M and I've had it for two years. Still love it.

    @ sal - thanks, hon!

    @ laura - I wear practically anything with boots :) love them.

    @ l - oh yes, a darker color. that would be interesting to try.

    @ brittany - Thanks! I tweeted them (like Terri below suggested)...let's hope!

    @ keri - good point...it sort of stands out but sort of doesn't. awwwwwkward.

    @ cupcake adventures - I'm actually not bare-legged here! I've got this weird complex with boots and bare legs--unless it's summer and they're flat boots with a sundress, I always wear hose or tights (I'm wearing hose here but forgot to mention it since they're nothing much to hoot about).

    @ terri - thanks! I love this one, too. I tweeted them! (great suggestion).

    @ nicole - yes! same one. I think a vest is a great idea. I have the perfect one in mind... :)

    @ kathleen - me too..ruffles are just so pretty. just got some new ones, too (will be up this week).

    ReplyDelete
  16. eek! LOVE this outfit! i am completely stealing it, maybe even tomorrow ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a new reader. Found you from Envirocraftiness. I LOVE this outfit! I'll have to track down some pieces and do something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How could you NOT be in the group. You make their skirt look amazing. And the belted Loft cardigan with the ruffles poking out? How could they not put you in? You look like you stepped out of a totally put together catalogue spread.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ katieh - do it! I'd love to see it.

    @ megan - welcome!

    @ linda - you are too freakin' sweet. I'm blushing! I tweeted at them...we'll see what they say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The day after the first day of Spring, it snowed so baad here in Canada! Oy!

    Love your entire outfit but my absolute fave is the boots!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ ML - bummer! it's back to super-rainy and windy here, too. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the ruffled shirt under the cardy - super cute lady!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.