Saturday, March 19, 2011

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend | 03.18.11 [belated]

My first post-diet clothing purchases! The red and white piece already went back to the store. I forgot how small junior sizes were. This was a medium and it was like a crop top. The multi-colored piece is a winner.

I hope you had a chance to reflect and take action yesterday to benefit Japan or others in need. Now without further ado, here are my favorite reads from this week.

Shamless plugs
  • Check out a day in my life (in photos) over at Employed Panache.
  • This week on The New Professional's Facebook page: face powder recs and jeans at work...hop on over to join the discussion.
  • The latest winners of Nine West's Vintage America Collection "Voice Your Style" contest were announced. See a familiar name? (Loressa, another Sacramento blogger, won, too. Sactown rocks.)

Fashion and style
  1. Consciously Corporate: Vanity Sizing
  2. Classy Career Girl:  How to dress classy at work
  3. Already Pretty: How to wear eye-searingly bright colors
  4. 26 and Counting (at Miss Vinyl Ahoy): Someone stole my blog (a primer on adding a kick of color to your work wardrobe)
  5. Academichic: Weekend Workshop: Ten tips for shopping on a budget
Career and office
After hours

Have a great weekend! What good reads did you find this week?

5 comments:

  1. yes~! I remember that. great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went shopping today and vanity sizing again was annoying. Inconsistent sizing is so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ colleen - me too...weird stuff.

    @ v - you're telling me! I feel like I've barely scratched the surface each week, too.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.