Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cookie season

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual gap old navy brown
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual gap old navy brown
Calvin Klein striped button-up - hand me down (similar) / Old Navy knit vest - 2008 - $10 on sale (similar) / Gap outlet wide-leg trousers - 2009 - $15 on sale (similar) / Nina pumps via Ross - 2009 - $16 on sale (similar) / Belt - 2010 - swapped (similar)

Well, it's not quite cookie season anymore, but it was recently Girl Scout cookie season, meaning there are still (a few) cookie boxes on my shelves at home. This outfit totally reminds me of Brownie Girl Scout uniforms past. I was only a Brownie for one year (I joined right before the whole troop moved up to Juniors), so I never had my own uniform, but I remember my friend Stephanie letting me borrow one of hers (why she had more than one I'll never know). In high school, we used our cookie money earnings to go on a cruise to Ensenada, so I totally support cookie season. I can't wait until (one day far into the future) I have a daughter and can be a Girl Scout leader myself. I think we'll hit up Hawaii instead, though (Ensenada is bo-ring).

What worked
Although the color palette is definitely more on the muted side, I really liked the layering of browns and grays. The belt and the bow pumps are a fun pop.

What didn't
Again with the wrinkles. You must think I don't own an iron. I do. I avoid ironing, but really that just means I don't wear the item for way longer than it already sat in the hamper. These wrinkles are my daily desk-job wrinkles. I take my photos when I get home, which is after nine hours of sitting in front of a computer and one hour sitting in my car (half-hour commute each way). I also run "hot" (body temp wise), which I think just exacerbates the problem (it's like I've ironed in the creases). I have yet to meet a fabric that can withstand all my sitting.

How do you battle desk-job (clothing) wrinkles?

15 comments:

  1. theres no way to battle those crinkles...i get them bad too!!!!..i avoid wearing trousers in summer coz of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I go shopping, I do a wrinkle test; just scrunch the clothes up in a ball tightly and see what happens! That way you never take anything to the dressing room that can't handle a days wear! Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't find they're too bad on my few pairs of dress pants, but I can always notice them anyways! Love the combo of the blue stripe and tan.

    http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wore the almost exact same thing recently! A white-with-small-blue-stripes button-down and an oatmeal knit vest with a tan belt over it ;-) I just wore it with a denim skirt and tan boots!

    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the muted gray brown layered palette. And i totally hear you day jobs cause wrinkles. I might as well not have an iron because I never really u mine... My mom fussed at me all the time about this fact!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tailored top paired with a wide leg trouser. Great look Angeline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to step away from the cookies. I love cookie season but I have a samoa addiction. I like your outfit, and there is nothing wrong with great neutrals.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your neutrals!

    Ugh wrinkles are the bane of my existence as well. I'm a grad student and I spend all of my time sitting either in class or in the lab in front of my computer. This is why I try to take my photos in the morning, because I usually look like a wrinkled mess when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've wanted to hate sweater vests for so long, but alas, this outfit changes my mind.. simple and nottt 90s flashback. I love the neutral palette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually like muted colors from time to time. These work well together! I LOVE Girl Scout cookies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the hardest time with wrinkles as well. It doesn't help that I hate ironing. My favorite pants are from gap, and they are literally wrinkle-free. The best!

    I'm new to your blog and I love it! I'm a recent college grad turned working professional, and you have such great outfits!

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  12. wrinkles are like mosquitoes: absolutely annoying and pointless, and i wish they'd never been invented.
    that being said, i'm really liking this ensemble of yours. i think the ivory belt (and, FINE, the adorable bow shoes) are the clinchers. soooo fabulous.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; come on by if you'd like! current giveaway)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ shooting star - :) yes, dresses are a savior in the summer!

    @ nikknaks - you're the second person that has told me that this week. I definitely need to try that next time.

    @ sam - thanks!

    @ lili - oo I don't think I've tried it with a skirt before. next time!

    @ pixie in pumps - I do iron (although not often) and I recently started starching (growing up my brother and dad were allergic to everything so no starch or fabric softener for us).

    @ liz - thanks!

    @ my heart blogged - ooo samoas...i should finish mine off before vacation so they don't go stale while I'm gone. K and I are also in love with the new(ish) lemon-ades. So yummy.

    @ an engineer's closet - oh dear, morning photos would be disastrous. K is still asleep in bed and I'd have no help! I'm in a much better mood after work, anyway. :)

    @ sarah - I am with you...I think of sweater vests from my past and shudder. But this is one I like. :)

    @ mommyblogger - I love neutrals a lot! This one felt like it could have veered toward washed out, but I think it worked!

    @ erica - oh my gosh! I'll have to find those. I know lined pants usually fare better than non-lined pants, but I have problems with both. WELCOME to the blog!

    @ brittney - ha! Love it. I also hate mosquitoes, but probably more than I hate wrinkles (I'm allergic to most insect bites).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear ya with the wrinkles! I have a long commute too and I HATE ironing (basically because it's pointless). I iron shirt hems and other little things with my hair straightener and the rest I just let go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ hope - Hmm..that could be an idea--to keep a straight iron at work to help.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.