My first post-diet purchase was an item I didn't even diet from: shoes! Scored these adorable AK Anne Klein Sarajane heels from Macy's for $20. And they're comfortable. Go me.
WEEKEND! Well, almost. It's been a long and eventful week, and I am thoroughly pooped (but I say that every weekend). This weekend is panning out to be super-awesome. It's my good friend Stephanie's birthday, and as the oldest of the group, we go all out. So I'll be escaping the impending rain in Sacramento to enjoy the 70 degree sunniness of LA, and stopping in to hang with the 'rents a bit. Speaking of Stephanie, her birthday is actually TODAY, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Here are my favorite reads from this week.
Style and fashion
- Everybody, Everywear: Don't have polka dots? DIY.
- Already Pretty: Pretzel-knot scarf tying tutorial (I tried it this week and loved it!)
- Miss Malaprop: Whimsical leather jewelry by Miss Fluff
- Classy Career Girl: How to find people to network with
- Pretty Young Professional: 7 tips to relocation bliss
- Corporette: How to resign gracefully
- Ms. Career Girl: The 3 types of people that should be in your network
- Copy-craft: Hydrangea wreath
- Serious Eats: The ultimate In-n-Out secret menu (and super-secret menu) survival guide
- Problogger: How to make a blogging business plan...whether or not its a business blog
- Lifehacker: Turn a rubber ducky into a tool for tea
What were your favorite links this week?