Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My new favorite shoes

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual banana republic faux wrap dress anne klein heels forever 21 tights
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual banana republic faux wrap dress anne klein heels forever 21 tights
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual banana republic faux wrap dress target pearls
Banana Republic faux-wrap dress - 2008 - gift (similar) / Forever 21 gray tights - 2010 - $4 (similar) / Anne Klein heels via Macy's - 2011 - $20 (available--and ON SALE!) / Cami from Costco - 2008 - 2 for $12 (similar) / Faux pearls via Target - ?? - cheap (similar)

How much do I love these shoes? A LOT! I bought them on March 1, the first day off my shopping diet, and I've worn them at least twice a week since. I've walked to lunch, walked to coffee, walked to dinner in these shoes. Cute + comfy + cheap = THE BEST EVER!

Ok, enough gushing. I love the fact that it's nice outside when I get home from work. Since I got my nice camera last fall, I haven't had a chance to take many outdoor photos, since it got dark so soon afterward. I am super-excited to have nicer (and easier to work with) shots this spring! And K is really starting to get the hang of this thing (it only took 13 shots to come away with these three good ones). A quick auto-color/contrast/tone in Photoshop and these pics are ready to go (after resizing, that is). How much easier can it get? And how many rhetorical questions can I fit into one post? (Just watch.)

What worked
A wrap (or faux-wrap, as it were) dress is an office must-have. I love this one because of the collar detail and the print. Chain link never looked classier. The super-subtle print mixing (chain link up top and houndstooth down below) in different colors added a really fun element.

What didn't
I think the gray top and opaque tights were a little too matchy-matchy. If/when I repeat this outfit, I'd go with sheer black hose instead. Opaque tights can be really fun, but I think the sheer stuff generally looks better on me (and is more slimming).

What is your favorite pair of shoes? What do you love most about them?

15 comments:

  1. Oh, that dress is so pretty! I don't think I could pick a favorite pair of shoes - I love them all so much in their own ways...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes are darling! As is that killer dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this chain link pattern and the green color is actually perfect for the upcoming St. Patty's Day!

    cute & little
    come join the Color Brigade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute dress! In a few weeks I am going to write my fashion advice about wrap dresses, I might have to steal another one of your pictures! Looks beautiful!

    PS: I dressed much nicer today. Knee length grey skirt, black tights and boots, and a blouse. I thought you would be proud of me :)
    PSS: I feel bad, I still have your scissors! We need to hang out again soon so I can give them back. :)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress! Big fan of the pattern and even bigger fan of the shoes :)

    I actually wore my favorite shoes today. Check it out here: pballoonjournal2.blogspot.com

    I love them so much because I got them on sale at Marshalls for $10 and they're super comfortable pointy flats--it can't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a favorite pair of shoes. I can't believe I said that !
    But, I don't. I have too many to pick a fave :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute shoes! Comfortable and cheap are always good (and usually don't go together with shoes)!!

    My favorite shoes are my red Circa Joan and David (Luxe Series) heels. They are beautiful and red and the memory foam at the bottom is heavenly on the feet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this wrap dress, it has completely convinced me to go out and track down a wrap dress. What makes this one particularly amazing is the collar and the print.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this dress, the pattern is so cool. Fav shoes? Definitely a tough call, but I'd actually have to say the brown Loft pumps from yesterday. I like that they look different from my other heels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love a wrap dress and faux wrap dresses are awesome in that you have less to worry about. That is by far the classiest chain link I have ever seen and as I mentioned I love that neckline and am so inspired by it!

    Those shoes are pretty awesome :)

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ ashley - mine will probably change tomorrow. :P

    @ sal - thanks, love!

    @ kileen - omg, I totally forgot about St. Patty's! Crap, now I have to find something else green to wear. :)

    @ nikknaks - steal away! I need a guide around Sac's thrift/vintage shops. Maybe we can have a shopping date?

    @ phoebe - oh those flats are darling! I love red shoes. They go with everything.

    @ lorena - that's definitely a good problem to have!

    @ sarah - memory foam in shoes? I need to find those!

    @ sorren - yes! that's exactly why I love it. :)

    @ hope - thanks! Special shoes are awesome!

    @ rochelle - thanks, hon. Can't wait to see you make this neckline on your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have that dress except it's in black! I love it but have to watch out that my over abundance on top doesn't make it indecent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angeline - loving this dress. The color and pattern is great... perfect for this between seasons time of the year. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I LOVE the collar detail on this dress! How fun! The wrap cut is so flattering on you too.

    I actually think that sheer hose and/or tights are against our dress code. I'm pretty sure we're only allowed to wear opaque. Oy!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ amanda - isn't it great! I don't have much to worry about on top, but it's so open I definitely have to have a cami underneath.

    @ katy - thanks, girl! It definitely gets a lot of wear.

    @ melissa - Thanks! That's so weird that sheer tights are against dress code...they're usually considered more conservative than opaque tights (well, the plain sheer ones, that is).

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.