Thursday, March 17, 2011

Unofficial denim week

Old Navy blazer - 2010 - $30 (similar) / Calvin Klein outlet top - 2009 - $30 (similar) / Merona trouser jeans via Target - 2011 - $17.50 (similar) / American Eagle chain necklace - 2010 - $4 (similar) / Enzo Angiolini peep-toes via Nordstrom - 2007 - $70 (similar)

Apparently it's denim week at The New Professional. It actually wasn't planned. These pics are from late last week and yesterday's post has been in the queue for weeks. I guess the denim stars just aligned.

I wore this last Friday for a day full of meetings (who does that on a Friday?).  One was an internal staff meeting and the other was a working lunch with a program partner. I had no idea what to expect, but I knew it was Friday and these jeans were pretty dressy, so I just went with them.

And yes, the blazer was all the cover-up I needed all day. Bliss. [If it makes you feel any better, this week is entirely gray and rainy.]

What worked
The three-quarter length sleeves of the blazer and the open toes signal spring, and it felt like it! The top and blazer really dressed up the look. I was a bit unsure of pairing such a large necklace with an ornate neckline, but I think it ended up anchoring the look a bit.

What didn't
Nothing in particular. I think I might try this with the shirt tucked in next time--the blousing isn't all that flattering, and the high waistline of the trousers is really rather nice.

What do you wear for Casual Friday meetings?

10 comments:

  1. Super cute - that cute and casual jacket really makes the outfit. Aren't you so glad it's warming up!? So sick of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect green jacket! I love the black details on the white top. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love this outfit, and I do, I can't get over how beautiful your hair looks! To die for, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great jeans-dressed-for-the-office-look! I love how subtly you incorporated the st. patty's day green in, it would look great any day and I love how it looks with the blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this outfit - really cute! The necklace is great with the blouse, and I like the look of the blouse with the blazer. And I love the new jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks fantastic on you Angeline! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your "what doesn't work." I can't think of anything in this looks that doesn't work. The jacket color and sleeves are perfect, the jeans fit you beautifully, the top is cute, and your hair looks amazing.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ brittany - Yes I'm so happy for warm weather! Although silly California is now back to rainy and cold. So bipolar.

    @ jo - Thanks!

    @ hope - thank you! it's getting to my favorite length...I'm hoping I have enough patience to grow it out again!

    @ sorren - heh heh...I have a lot of green in my wardrobe so it wasn't hard at all to work green in.

    @ caroline - thanks!

    @ andie - Thank you!

    @ linda - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm really behind in reading your blog but i LOVE this outfit. that green seriously pops and the shape is uber flattering! you know i heart that studded blouse! the necklace is fab and completes the look!

    final complimentary comment...your photos are looking much, much better! i think it's the outdoor, natural lighting, and depth of field. i noticed that your latest posts are charming and cheerful without being contrived. loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ anniemalchang - thanks, love! You are the best. The natural light has certainly stepped up the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.