Friday, March 11, 2011

Roll up your sleeves, get ready to go

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual banana republic blouse pencil skirt enzo angiolini piperlime patent pumps
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual banana republic blouse pencil skirt enzo angiolini piperlime patent pumps
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual banana republic blouse pencil skirt

BR Factory blouse - 2009 - $6 (similar) / Banana Republic pencil skirt - 2010 - $60? (similar) / Enzo Angiolini Siobhan pumps via Piperlime - 2010 - $35 (available) / Rampage trench via Macy's - 2007 - gift card (similar) / Necklace via Gottschalk's - 2008? - $6 (similar) / Grouse and Badger ring - 2010 - $5 (available)

Yesterday's post took a huge load off. Here is an outfit I actually wore this week!  Wednesday wasn't anything special at the office (but no excuse needed when dressing up), but I did go to a happy hour blogger meet-up afterward! Lesson learned--never make dinner plans with the husband when you're going to meet a bunch of girls for happy hour beforehand. I had to leave before all the gals even arrived! Next time I'm sticking it out.  I had a blast hanging with (and, for some, meeting for the first time) Keri, Bella, Melody, Erin, Tami, Bibi, Jen, Sarah, Ann, Jennine, and Lisa. It should be criminal to have so much fun on a weeknight.


It's almost spring time! Y'all know you're supposed to spring forward this Sunday, right? Well, now you do. That means even later sunsets and even more time for outdoor photos! Can't wait! See the bare legs?


What worked
Funny story about this outfit--on Monday night, K and I went to Target, where I picked up a new pair of trouser jeans (one can never have too many). He gave me a sideways glance when he saw me throw them into the cart and asked warily, "Don't you already have a pair of wide-leg jeans?" I explain to him the difference between wide-leg and trouser (and between my old trouser jeans and these new trouser jeans). He replies, "Well, I just don't think wide-leg jeans look that good. I like when you wear those high-waisted slim skirts with the button-down top tucked in."  It must have stuck with me, because I threw this on just a few mornings later. I didn't recall this earlier conversation until halfway through the day. So yeah, it works.


What didn't
Nada. I *heart* this.


How have others' opinions shaped what you've worn (consciously or subconsciously)? Who's advice do you ask?

17 comments:

  1. I love that it's almost trench time again!

    PS. Yes, it works :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so wear this in an instant. Looks wonderful on you, I can see why it's a favourite. I don't rely on others to pick out what to wear but opinions are very important in buying clothes. Especially the boyfriend, except when he says everything looks good. Usually asking him to choose between things helps me figure out which I like the best!

    http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of that shirt!
    My boyfriend also loves the pencil skirt/tucked in top look, but I do too so it works. But I'm starting to play with belting things more, which my mom hates. Whenever I go out with her somewhere she always says my outfit would look better if it wasn't belted, and by the end of the day my belt is at the bottom of my purse :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing. This is just such a perfect work outfit, and it's so simple and elegant on you! I love the addition of the funky necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need those shoes! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The simplest of business outfits...and still the chicest. Love it!
    http://www.dlynne16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic in this! I love a good pencil skirt with a button up too.

    I ask my husband, he has a great sense of style for a straight man :) And he's honest about it, if it doesn't look good, he'll tell me. If it needs a different accessory or a slight adjustment, he'll tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh those pumps are fabulous! I love them with that great pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. rip also has random style suggestions too. i think a lot of guys tend not to like anything masculine or too trendy. they like classic streamlined clothes that are feminine but not girly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this combo. AND, I love a nude shoe! A great outfit for work that transitions into a happy hour outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ sana - me too! I even went sans coat on Thursday and Friday this week!

    @ sam - I never ask him before I buy, and usually don't ask even after I put it on, so I know when he says something (which is super-rare) he means it.

    @ keisha - yeah, it's one of my faves, too, so he gets to see it often. My mom is also very opinionated about what I wear. Silly mommy.

    @ elizabeth - thanks! the necklace is one of my faves. It actually broke last year and I super-glued it back together. :P

    @ nikknaks - thanks! they're my current faves.

    @ brittany - seriously, right? how much simpler can it get than blouse + skirt + heel?

    @ rachel - that's great! my husband isn't that into style, but he has a good idea of what flatters me (from a guy's perspective, for what that's worth). as far as accessories go, though, he's not much help.

    @ kinsey - thanks!

    @ neurp - true! it's what they're drawn to in attractiveness as well--feminine is a good description.

    @ basiccravings - thanks! I'm so glad it's almost spring so I can get good use out of the nude shoe (I bought them in October so haven't been able to go bare-legged much yet).

    ReplyDelete
  13. My boyfriend doesn't get why I need a skinny belt, wide belt, and a regular belt. He just sort of goes with it. I think pencil skirts are really flattering, and with your shirt tucked in it creates a great long line.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ my heart blogged - lol, yeah I don't think guys really grasp all the details. They're more into the big picture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Banana Republic make the best pencil skirts!

    Case in point - your outfit here today!

    besos,

    ML

    Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

    Twenty York Street

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am back from Piperlime... I was going to get your shoes. I LOVE THEM !!
    They are sold out....
    I always ask my husband for his opinion - he usually makes funny remarks. So i cannot consider him seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ 20 york street - they do! This is the only one I have from there, but I looooooove it.

    @ lorena - yeah, they've been out of stock for a while at Piperlime (I bought them in October), but they're still available at 6pm. http://www.6pm.com/enzo-angiolini-siobhan-pale-pink-patent

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.