Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Penultimate 30 for 30 Post


I can't believe it's come to this. One more day. Nearly every item has been worn at least twice. These sandals have by far gotten the most wear, since they were the only casual sandals I picked. I'll do more of a round-up later this week when the 30 is complete.

Today I experienced a first...the first work-at-home day I had.  In nearly three years, I didn't even know it was an option, but I asked my boss if I could take time off to work on some articles I'm writing for work.  Being in that cubicle with people asking me questions about how to make a copy all the time just hasn't been helpful, and I needed to get work done. She sweetly said, "You can take a day off if you need to destress, but if you're going to work all day you should just make it a work-at-home day." I was shocked. And then excited.

So taking a cue from my readers, some of whom work from home and say that they dress up nonetheless to get in the mood, I got up at my normal hour, showered, dressed, and ate breakfast before sitting down in my home office to work at 8 a.m.  Turns out it was a nicely productive day. I'm guessing it has to do with the change in scenery...if I worked at home all day everyday, I would probably welcome a nice cubicle every once in a while. But who knows...I've never had to deal with that.

Do you work at home or a cubicle, or both? What do you wear to stay on track?

3 comments:

  1. Penultimate - love that word.

    You look great for a work-at-home day! Comfy but not PJs so you don't feel too lazy. :)

    I work outside the home, soon moving to a new building where I'll be in a cubicle. Wish I could work from home. If I find a way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo! working from home, that is an excellent option indeed! can't believe you're done! have you been planning your outfit for the last day for the past month? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, gals!

    T - I actually had no idea what I wanted to wear on the last day, so I ended up choosing one of the only items that had only been worn once so far. I didn't match, but it was okay. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.