Friday, August 6, 2010

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend | 08.06.10

The antipasto salad the hubs made me for dinner Monday. I know I was supposed to take photos throughout the week to put here, but this is the only photo I remembered to take. I'm not doing all food shots on purpose, promise.

Another week, another Friday, another list of links.  Let's jump right in!

First off, thanks so much for reading The New Professional!  It's been a blast these past five months, and I'm excited for the posts I have planned in the future. Please take a minute to fill out this quick reader survey...I'm curious about what y'all are liking, what you might want to see, and who you are!  Survey closes Friday, August 13. 

CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE READER SURVEY
  • As if Indiana (Adored Austin) wasn't already stylish and fun, she can also sew. Check out her first attempt at making her own dress.
  • Ever love the fit of a piece but hate the color? Sal (Already Pretty) reflects back on over-dying. I need to try.
  • Although I don't agree with all of these (really? no bright colors for the office? psh), some of them are spot on. Forbes shares their 10 Office Fashion Don'ts.
  • It's no secret I like writing. I do it at work and then I come home and do it some more. And its how I spend my weekends. One day I'd like to do this--How to Set Up Your Writing as a Real Business.
  • Confession: I haven't always been a chocolate fan. For a long time I favored fruit or mint candies over chocolate ones, and preferred the strawberry and vanilla thirds of the neopolitan. Now? Love the stuff. And Serious Eats' glossary of chocolate terms gives me the ammo to talk about it like a pro.
  • You know those people who talk on their cell phones while in public bathrooms? They need to check out this article.  Or we could read it and then tell them. 10 Rules of Tech-etiquette.
  • I'm in love with this climbing bookcase. I just want to curl up on one of the bench levels and read and nap all day. 
  • If you don't take everything society gives you with a smile and you like to think, you should follow the Middle Finger Project.  Loving this post on not following your dreams.

I have absolutely nothing planned this weekend.  It is so freeing to say that. I wonder what I will feel like doing tomorrow and whether I will do it.

What are your weekend plans?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links recap :)

    The Middle Finger Project is interesting.

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shealennon - it was! So easy to make...lettuce (your choice) + sliced up provolone, salami, ham + dressing = salad!

    @elaine - my pleasure!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.