Friday, August 27, 2010

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend | 08.27.10

[A sign outside my local Kaiser. Good advice.]

Howdy doody folks, welcome to the end of the week yet again! Has this week been simultaneously slow and fast for you? It's just been crazy over here and like a whirlwind except for when Friday won't come fast enough.  Lately I've been more and more grateful for weekends when they come, but my weekends are starting to fill up fast.  I spent most of my summer with nothing (literally, nothing) planned on weekends, but in September alone I'm going on three trips (two personal, one work), and the weekends in between are pretty full, too.  There goes my summer!

And here are my reads:
  • I love style shows...my favorites are How Do I Look and What Not To Wear. Stacy London of WNTW  has a new venture...a website with stylists for hire.  The Washington Post covers it here. Wouldn't it be fun to have Stacy London herself impart her style knowledge onto you? I love her classy sheath dresses and pumps.
  • Kyla from Blue Collar Catwalk stopped by Distinctly Desiree this week to talk about mixing prints...if only I had more prints to mix!
  • Sal at Already Pretty is my go-to gal for some motivation and feel-good. My all-time fave (so far, that is) is her repost this week of an old post of hers (you follow?) about real women. I am a real woman, and you are, too, regardless of what society or others may tell you (well, unless you are a man, then you are a real man).
  • When you're job hunting a good cover letter can go a long way (a good resume with a bad cover letter? Sketchy).  Check out these tips to help you avoid writing a bad cover letter.
  • Think your training experiences have been bad? Check out this gem from the 80s. 
  • My birthday is next month, and Jeanna over at Third Floor Closet has hooked us all up with a list of birthday deals from around the web (and in the real world). 
  • Where do you go for cupcakes in your town? Cupcakes Take the Cake rounds up a list of all the cupcake bakeries in the country. I'm taking this list on the road...anyone want to join me?
  • And check out this amazing pencil graphite art...these are seriously pencil-tip sized!  My favorite are the chain links. Just amazing.

What were your favorite reads this week?

4 comments:

  1. This is a sweet post. I love learning more about my fellow bloggers. :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    I've really enjoyed reading loveMaegan.com (as always) and a new favorite is Katy from http://modlychic.blogspot.com!

    <3 KIM
    http://fashionmommaintrianing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO very behind on everything internet & blog-related that I just read this today! Thanks for linking to my blog! I always enjoy your Executive Summaries. :) I love the idea of a workshop with Stacy London--how much fun would that be?! (excepting the $2000 fee to attend, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously...I mean, I think we can get a pretty good grasp on her rules from studying up on what not to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.