Monday, August 30, 2010

Make Believe Monday | Gray skirt

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that gray has been a multi-season staple for a while now. While I do have a pair of gray pants (which I'll bust out on the blog once I stop busting out of them in real life), one thing I am clearly lacking is a gray skirt.  Knowing me, I'll lean toward a pencil shape, but there are a lot of options out there if you're otherwise inclined.

Let's jump right into what the web has to offer on this topic. This first one is very similar to my black pencil skirt (including the same brand...hmmm), just in gray! I know I'd just love to pair it with a classic button up and bright belt.

This high-waist beauty embodies the classic pencil skirt in a modern and professional color.

I love the waist detail on this, although it is on the pricey side. No belt needed for this statement skirt.


I love the waistband and pleats on this almost deconstructed-looking skirt.  Click through to check out the exposed zipper on the back.

And for those who like a little movement to their skirts, this flouncy number has got it.

Here's an example of how I'd style the Limited skirt above:
Gray Pencil Skirt

Gray Pencil Skirt by thenewprofessional featuring black blouse


What's your favorite way to wear gray?

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE skirts and I LOVE grey! I say, go grey pencil skirt, all the way. Can you come over every morning and style my outfits for me too? thanks.:) good thing my work is totally casual, read: flipflops and shorts are TOTALLY okay.

    btw, went to old navy over the weekend and they have white bermuda shorts that i wanted to get but was like, seriously, i'll wear them for two seconds, stain them permanently and never be able to wear them ever again. so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I (clearly) love gray! I "grew out of" my light gray skirt suit, and I really miss it. I'm thinking I need a new one, because I wore the gray pencil skirt all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with gray clothes. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, great skirt picks. I wear my gray slacks all the time, so why not a gray pencil skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ t - I would love to see you every morning...it would make my day :) White bermuda shorts sound cute, but yea, I'm sort of a klutz, too, and would probably get them dirty (if you look closely at the shoe pic in my recent suit post, you'll see I stained my pants on the front bottom somehow!).

    @ jeanna - why don't they make clothes that grow with you? that would solve a lot of my problems. I'm getting a little worried for fall when I have to wear more pants again.

    @ aj - me too. :)

    @ shealennon - Thanks! I love my gray pants, too, but in summer I wear skirts more. But the gray goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.