This weekend, the darling AJ over at All About AJ passed on the One Lovely Blog award. I'm supposed to share seven things about myself and pass the award on to seven other bloggers. So here goes:
- I was born in Dallas, TX.
- Because of number 1, I am a die-hard Dallas Cowboys and NFL fan. I've been known to blow off all weekend Sunday (and Monday night) engagements during football season.
- I am absolutely addicted to french fries. They are an entire food group in my diet.
- I've been married for nearly three years. My wedding dress cost $250 and it was soooo perfect.
- I've changed my career twice. First I was a piano major and piano teacher. Then I was a transportation planner. Now I'm in communications and journalism.
- I went to graduate school in NYC, and miss the city dearly.
- I'm addicted to the show "How It's Made" on the Science Channel. In fact, I'm watching it right now.
A Pretty Penny - Miss Melissa - Miss Vinyl Ahoy - Pixie in Pumps - Pocket of Presh - Third Floor Closet - Where My Heart Resides
Natalie over at Pocket of Presh also tagged me to answer eight questions. I'm also supposed to make up eight questions and then tag eight more bloggers to answer those, but it's Monday and I'm pooped. So here goes.
- What movie best describes your style? This is a stretch, but maybe Devil Wears Prada? I love how Andi is dressed to the nines for work but can still hoof it around town like a pro. I walk blocks in my heels everyday attempting to look so chic. I even had the Andi hair cut for a while (thick fringe and long layers)
- Where do you find inspiration for your outfits? Everywhere would be the easy cop-out answer. I like looking at ads in fashion mags (usually more realistic than the fashion editorials) and also other bloggers.
- How do you feel about thrift store shopping? I love the idea, but have yet to have any superb thrift store finds.
- What's the next item of clothing you really want to buy? Well, I have a whole list of things I want to buy when my shopping diet is over next March, but it will probably be either a sheath dress, new pencil skirt, or cool blazer.
- What's your favorite color to wear? White. Is that a color?
- If you could shop in any city in the world, what city would you choose? New York City! Best city ever. I'd love to reacquaint myself with my old friend Broadway in Soho.
- Do you have an item of clothing from the past that you really regret wearing? Oh do I. I had this pink and gray houndstooth skort that I rocked a lot in junior high. With a velour polo, knee high socks and chunky Mary Janes. Having traumatic flashbacks as I type.
- Which is more important to you when shoe shopping, style or comfort? Comfort. Although I won't buy ugly shoes just cuz they're comfortable. So both? I'm a very very picky shopper.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Feet: Gross or okay?
- Ice cream, soft serve, or frozen yogurt?
- What would your perfect work outfit be?
- How many states (or countries) have you lived in?
- What is your favorite reality show?
- Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?
- Kim, Kourtney, or Khloe?
On your mark, get set, go!