Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wear and wear again: tulip skirt

 know, a lot of bloggers do this, but honestly...it's a good idea.  Not only am I on a shopping diet, but I have a tiny closet (err...makeshift closet...this apartment came with zero closets!), so I rewear my items a lot.  And I mean, A LOT.  So I thought it'd be fun to see how I've done different things with the same piece multiple times.

First off: my favorite black tulip skirt.  Bought at The Limited on sale for $20 last year, this thing is comfy, flattering, and totally work appropriate.  It went down to $15 soon after, which bummed me out, but cost per wear on this thing is already less than $1.




Tights, tightless.  Booties, gladiators, flats.  Can you tell I love this skirt?  I've got big plans for it in the future, too...with a belt, with some peep-toes, and with a blazer.

How would you style this skirt? I'd love ideas to mix it up even more.

7 comments:

  1. lol, i don't think the skirt in your 3rd picture is your tulip skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I just noticed that today. I totally wrote all these before I left hectically for vacation last week. Fixing it now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this tulip skirt as well! my favorite look is outfit #2. i like how the volume of the shirt matches the bulbous skirt, and the way the boatneck and capsleeves balances the look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Annie - Yeah? I'm not sure which one is my fave, although I do think that one is a good one! Those shoes require that the wearer walk w/ authority...I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great skirt with such versatility! I'm fond of the second outfit myself.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.