Friday, June 25, 2010

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend (Double dose)

So while I was on vacation last week, my blog reader piled up with tons of good stuff.  Add on this week's good stuff and you've got a double dose of good reads.
  • There has been a lot of good fashion lately--I love summer!  Check out my favorite fashion blogs in the sidebar to the right.
  • I have a few fragrances I love, but I never wear them. After reading Good magazine's 10 Things you Should Know About Fragrance, I don't feel so bad about leaving them unused. (I do take them out and sniff them every once in a while.)
  • If your office is a Facebook-crazed as mine (seriously, our CEO is one of the biggest Facebook users I've ever seen), you should get one of these.
  • Workaholism is often glamorized (really? your work is soooo important you can't take time out for a family dinner?), and I for one refuse to fall into the trap.  If you need some help escaping, check out these 11 Creative Ways to Avoid Becoming a Workaholic, from Zen Habits.
  • Chris Brogan is my go-to source for some motivation and work inspiration, and this recent post is one of my favorites.  I could read it every day.
  • I've resolved this summer to take better care of my body (so has one of my favorite blogger friends, Maria).  Especially as the summer heats up, I've been craving salads, but there's only so much lettuce and spinach one can take.  This summery potato-bacon salad from Momofuku for 2 adds some variety into the mix.

What were your favorite reads from the past two weeks?

2 comments:

  1. 1. banana has a classy studded ring for under $10! (i got the gold one, but i wish i had seen the hematite one!) http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=13895&vid=1&pid=769285&scid=769285012

    2. this article doesn't quite have to do with work clothes, but i thought it was semi relevant and really funny. http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/06/23/summer-trends-what-turns-guys-on-and-what-flummoxes-us/?ncid=webmail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read A LOT so I will just pick the ones that popped into my head first:
    This blog
    Pants for Real People

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.