Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back in action

The first day back in the office after a vacation is always tough.  Especially when your first week back looks like the week from hell.  I'm glad I took my vacation when I did, because the light at the end of this work tunnel probably won't shine again until well into the fall.  So today was a symbolic kick-off for me...back in the office and ready to kick some butt workwise (meaning workload, not work people, at least not today).

So I reverted to some office staples: button up shirt, pencil skirt, low-heeled pumps.  Toss in a bright belt for a pop of color, and you're out the door!

Necklace: gift; Blouse: J.Crew - 2009 - $20; Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft - 2009 - $13; Belt: Gap - 2010 - $10;  Shoes: Nina (from Ross) - 2009 - $16

Can I just pat myself on the back for putting together an outfit that, in total, cost only $59?  I enjoy shopping just as much for the hunt of the bargain as much as the actual procuring of items. It's one of the things I miss about shopping, but then again, it comes in handy for other things as well (for instance, re-planning my whole vacation about 5 hours before departure and coming in under budget, even when the lost vacation was included).

Anyway...this outfit surely did the trick...it got me back in action by playing the part of the professional.  Faking it until you make it can really work wonders when it comes to getting into the mood for work.  Two meetings and a conference call later the day had flown by...tomorrow is a photoshoot and two phone interviews for articles for our magazine's fall issue.  My head is spinning just looking at the rest of my week!

What standbys do you turn to when you need to get into the mood for work? 

3 comments:

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.