Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How I blacked out last week

You know, as part of Already Pretty's Summer Blackout?  What in the world were you thinking?  Nevermind.  Anyway, here are my last two outfits from last week:

Blouse: Old Navy - 2009 - $9; Belt: Vintage - 2010 - $12; Skirt: Target - 2007 - $6; Shoes: Aerosoles - 2007 - $25

Also unveiling...my new cubicle!  Lighting isn't nearly as nice as before, but the cubicle is definitely better.  Now I have a window along the entire long edge of my cube (before, the window was on the short edge and not all the way across).  It's the corner cubicle...moving on up!

Anyway, back to the outfit (cubicle post to come later).  I knew I wanted to build an outfit around this skirt, which is one of my faves.  I actually hadn't worn this blouse before, but figured it would go with the skirt, since it is pretty neutral.  I tossed a belt on for good measure (I need to get more belts), and the shoes really pulled it together as an office look.  I also had a brown blazer on top for part of the day (from the swap I went to back in April).

A detail shot of the shirt and jewelry.

This necklace is a chain I had (from my ball-chain wearing punk rock days) strung with a few rings I had lying around.  Love it.  You can really see the print of the shirt here, too.  And I love the sleeve tabs and front pockets.

Friday, I failed.  Here is the evidence:

Blazer: Old Navy - 2009 - $30; Shirt: Old Navy - hand-me-down; Necklace: DIY (see above); Jeans: J & Company (from Renew Denim) - 2009 - $50; Shoes: Target - 2010 - $25

I completely forgot about the blackout until I got to work.  But in all honesty, I probably would have worn the same outfit with my favorite gray graphic tee instead of the black top.  (Use your imagination here.)

So here is the round-up of the outfits from the week!

So I survived (but barely).  It was a fun week, and harder than I imagined it'd be!  Bring on the next challenge!



Could you go without black for one week?  What would be the hardest thing to give up fashionwise?

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your blackout series. It's a really great idea to try and avoid black - I'm not sure if I'd succeed! It's a serious basic and my wardrobe. I also love the red skirt outfit. I think that the belt and shoes really bring it together to look professional and ready for the office. Great series!

    - Meredith
    cubiclechicblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love nyour friday outfit! i think the shoes especially bring up the interesting factor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @meredith - Thanks! Yeah, I'm sure it was easier for me tha most since black isn't that large a part of my wardrobe, but I did still default there when I forgot on Friday! Oh well. It's fun, but black can be really fun, too. :)

    @Step - Thanks hon! I never really thought I could pull off the skinny jeans + heels look, but I really like it!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.